Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Read more: Six Months to Go Until<br> The Largest Tax Hikes in History

Personal income tax rates will rise. The top income tax rate will rise from 35 to 39.6 percent (this is also the rate at which two-thirds of small business profits are taxed). The lowest rate will rise from 10 to 15 percent. All the rates in between will also rise. Itemized deductions and personal exemptions will again phase out, which has the same mathematical effect as higher marginal tax rates. The full list of marginal rate hikes is below:

- The 10% bracket rises to an expanded 15%
    - The 25% bracket rises to 28%
    - The 28% bracket rises to 31%
    - The 33% bracket rises to 36%
    - The 35% bracket rises to 39.6%

2. Sourdoughman

Re: Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax H

I find it interesting that one of my posts has been deleted in response to Ahab and now I see Rich Dog's post has been deleted in my thread.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Re: Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax H

if you are unable to see the announcement that has been made for all forums, posts were not deleted.

about a days worth of posts by everyone were lost in the server migration. your posts were not targeted or deleted.

4. Sourdoughman

No I didn't see it the first time around, thanks

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

There's really no intelligent way to respond to a thread that starts with speil from the Americans for Tax Reform. You might as well decide to sit down and discuss something from MoveOn.org. You just don't bother wasting your time reading one-sided, biased perspectives.

6. Sourdoughman

I disagree with your statement.
    There are plenty of agencies such as ABC, CBS, NBC who claim to have objective journalism that are biased.
    At least with certain organizations you know where they are coming from and can filter some of the information.

If you can disprove that these figures are wrong be my guest.
    This strategy people use to disprove claims just because a site leads one way or another is flawed.
    Hell, there is no biased site in this country.
    Someone recommended that I use Snopes to filter information and I later on found out it was a left wing site.
    Another reason it is flawed is that you are suggesting that the above mentioned networks wouldn't be biased as far as your theory goes.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I don't understand why you place so much trust in a group of people whose sole purpose for creation was to promote Republican arguments. Websites like that don't help you cause.

There are plenty of moderate news sites out there to enable you to form an intelligent opinion. The website you linked is not moderate, nor is it a news site. Again, it's a website whose sole pourpose is to promote the political views of one party. That you can even begin to compare that website to news agencies shows a real disconnect in logical thinking.

You are free to disagree, but that doesn't make you any more credible...

It's all argumentative, but as a rule of thumb if any side of the political establishment claims any kind of absolute, it's almost 100% bull****. You can go ahead and blindly dismiss it and odds are greater that you're on the right side of the argument. There's no incentive for me to invest anytime reading that **** when I know going in that it's bunk.

That people still fall for this **** is why they still do it...

The tax increase in 1942 increased federal revenue by 71%. If Obama's tax increase does that, then you have my attention.

8. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Then what are moderate news sites that you know of? Perhaps you can link them and we can see if it's biased information or not.

9. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Like the huffington post right? :rolleye33:

10. Sourdoughman

I think this is where your problem starts.
    I don't look at it as Republican arguments, there are plenty of Independents and others that are for tax reform or less taxes.
    I agree with Conservatives NOT Republicans.
    I want Americans to pay less taxes and have less services than the opposite.
    Again, like you said it is all argumentative, I don't think you helped your cause either since I asked you to dispute the information provided and you chose not too.
    It is the old argument of attacking the messenger either myself personally or a site that has information instead of challenging the information or both.
    I must admit that I don't know a lot about every website that I have ever posted but anyone is welcome to dispute or shoot down any information that isn't correct whether it is from the right, left, ABC, etc.
    I don't search information about every site on the web.
    I have tried and sometimes it gets too confusing or there just isn't enough information OR you don't know what agenda is behind the person or group judging the site.
    I think the media in this country SUCKS, all of it.
    I try and look outside the country for information at times.
    What does that tell you?
    Where do you get your information about "that" website?
    Either the information is right or wrong, slanted to one side or the other.
    Like I have said, At least you know when you are reading slanted news at MSNBC, Fox and websites on the web.
    You don't get that chance with certain networks.
    To you maybe, others disagree here.
    I wish things were different with media in this country as well as the political landscape but its not just like our argument about party vs person and wasting a vote by voting someone that isn't electable.
    The country is what it is, everything has already been put in place whether we like it or not.
    Your rule of thumb, others may disagree and I would say don't read it.
    You haven't disputed the "bunk" I provided, I think you just like to argue?
    This is what is wrong with the country and this is why journalism is terrible today.
    No objective journalism, just like instead of science we now have science fiction.
    Hint: I don't think anyone knows everything about every site or information that they post.
    What is moderate to some might not be moderate to others.
    I am a conservative, I don't really believe there is a extreme right wing, I could be wrong but I doubt it.
    I base those beliefs strictly by the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
    The country started right and obviously moved left.
    By the time you get to this point it will be too late for change unless an overthrow of the political system or civil war.