Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Re: Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax H

What an attitude!:lol:
    Talk to Red and MM, they also use Wikipedia.
    Its definitely more objective than some of the material at the sites you mentioned.
    In December 2004 a University of California, Los Angeles study gave The Times a score of 73.7 on a 100 point scale, with 0 being most conservative and 100 being most liberal.[79] The validity of the study has been questioned by various organizations, including the liberal media watchdog group Media Matters for America
    NOT only a Rasmussen poll but also a study by UCLA
    I re-posted it so you could reread it.
    Let me spell it out for you.
    You said it was independent, can't be if it has a former Bill Clinton speech writer writing articles.
    Look up any definition of social justice if you want.
    I looked at various places and got pretty much the same thing or do you have a problem with this source too?
    Social justice encyclopedia topics | Reference.com

Social justice , sometimes called civil justice , refers to the concept of a society in which justice is achieved in every aspect of society, rather than merely the administration of law. It is generally thought of as a world which affords individuals and groups fair treatment and an impartial share of the benefits of society.
    Both Independent medias that you listed aren't just that for reasons I have stated above.
    Same with the New York Times, go argue with UCLA.
    So you are telling me anyone who is extremely intelligent has a lot of common sense in all cases?
    No, I don't think Obama is extremely intelligent for several reasons.
    One is that his grades have never been released.
    The second is that he wouldn't say and do stupid things like announcing to the world that he doesn't know whose ass to kick.
    Also generally smart people don't sabotage their positions the way Obama is doing, they would make smarter decisions so that they would preserve their jobs or get re-elected or both.
    I'll let the members here decide this once they look at the context provided.
    I can agree with this.:)
    I disagree, you have more four letter words with your post than anyone I have ever seen here.
    You seem like an unpleasant person by your demeanor and your last sentence and that is too bad.
    Even though not always successful I try and keep a pleasant demeanor and joke around while debating.
    You mean you want everyone to be like you, use the same websites, Newspapers, etc otherwise you are intolerant of others.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Re: Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax H

Which ever side of the argument you stand on this issue the American public will be paying for the overspending of our government for a very long time. Which will in turn be achieved thru some sort of tax hike. Like it or not the rich, the middle class, and the poor will suffer for the sins of yesterday and today. You can be right or you can be wrong about the semantics and who is to blame, but the end result is the same. If you think that the national debt will all just go away you would be sadly mistaken.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's political in the sense that he has to choose between national security and alienating the left, his base. So far it appears he's done the right thing, albeit grudgingly.

4. Sourdoughman

I really do enjoy reading your posts but maybe that is because I seem to have always agreed with you!:lol:
    I will probably be the only one to say this.
    I hope that most of my posts are actually wrong in this forum because I see America as a country in rapid decline along with our standard of living due to politics and economic debt.
    A lot of it could have been avoided, sadly!

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

What is wrong with you? I don't think that I have ever met someone who is so wrong, yet so sure that he is right. It's a terrible science experiment gone horribly awry.
    The objectivity of Wikipedia is not why it's unreliable. It's accuracy is why it's unreliable. Anyone can edit it and type whatever they like. There's a reason why it's banned among educators as a resource.

Everything is politics with you, isn't it? Not independent politically. It's an independent news source. It's not run for profit, thus less bias. Both sites you scorned are well read by members of Mensa which is how I was turned on to them.

Just because someone was a speechwriter doesn't mean they are incapable of objective thought. Your incessant pigeonholing of people into either one party or the other prevents you from participating objectively in any political conversation. You probably have me pegged as a Democrat.

Thank you. I'm well aware of how social justice is defined. You didn't answer my question, though. I'll rephrase it: You have a problem with a government for the people, by the people actually working for the people?

I'm an adult. I use adult language. Get over it.

Only the willfully ignorant, intellectually lazy and feel this way in my experience. I don't spend a lot of time looking for the approval of others.

That's a very loose definition of debating as it infers that one is using logical argument to make their case. That's not something that I see from you very often.

You use questionable sources while parroting talking points and biased perspectives. Anything that does not agree with your point of view you instantly dismiss as not credible without an attempt at actually debunking the argument. On the rare occaision that you make this attempt, though you completely misread or fail to comprehend the point the poster is trying to make. Instead, you criticize the source or use another diversionary tactic in hopes that no one will see through your position.

In short, you come to a conclusion and then search for sources that support your argument instead of becoming informed first and then arriving at a logical conclusion. Your mind is made up before you even post, which is why you and I both know that you're not going to change your position under any circumstances.

No, I mean you need to open your mind, but we already know that's not going to happen.

6. Sourdoughman

No, I just think you are confused.
    Anyone who thinks journalism of today is fine is confused.
    Define what you mean about government working for the people.
    Our government of today is working against the people.
    I don't see today's government as working for the people.
    There are too many lobbyists and payoffs, politicians are destroying the country, ridiculous spending, etc.
    Why must you always throw insults at people?
    I don't think that helps your case any.
    Pretty much all sources are questionable and yes I am biased.
    I think liberal policies are terrible and conservative policies are not as bad.
    That makes us alike then because you have done the same thing in this thread.
    You have been asked time and time again to disprove the information provided that you call bunk and you have failed.
    You didn't even acknowledge the information provided about taxes on Obama Care!
    I have said many times that I don't trust sources especially the ones that don't lean my way it is up to the reader to disprove it.
    All you had to do was provide different facts and I just might believe it depending on source.
    My mind is made up but if an intelligent case is made I may change my opinion, I changed my position on the Iraq war.:)
    I was for the war but after many, many discussions Red changed my mind on this subject.
    I still wanted to win and I am convinced we would go in to Iraq sometime in the future but we should have used the same strategy as Bush 41, get in and get the hell out.
    Good, maybe you will go find someone else to talk too!:grin::lol: