Six year old killed by police in Marksville

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Nov 9, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Stop making shit up. Street protesters in Ferguson were saying that. Not "liberal news shows". It was shown on FOX too, Einstein.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That's one parameter. I thought a child victim was another. I could be wrong.

3. red55

Its strange in Louisiana. Premeditation does not apply. Second degree murder gets automatic life without parole. First degree murder gets death or life without parole.

First degree murder is for murder committed with specific intent while committing a felony, or killing a police officer, killing a person under twelve or killing more than one person.

Second degree murder is murder committed without specific intent to kill or inflict bodily harm.

They certainly killed a person under 12. It would be very hard to argue that shooting a person 18 times is not specific intent to kill or cause bodily harm. But that is what this is all gong to boil down to. Did they have specific intent to kill? Either conviction and they will never walk the streets again. The lawyers will try like hell to plea it down to manslaughter (10 to 40) or even negligent homicide (5 years).

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Have you lost your mind? There were even news segments debating whether it was ethical for these news anchors and hosts to be doing it. The liberal shows were all over it. As usual you're the one making shit up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Bengal B likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Depends on whether it's while committing a felony or not. Can be 2nd WITH intent if not during felony.

It's manslaughter and negligent homicide I get confused with even more.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No response from Red, how surprising, make shit up and run.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The specific intent part of all this has another angle, although I could be wrong about this. Doesn't police firearm training specify that an officer who feels it necessary to fire his weapon is not trained to wound his target? In other words, isn't it considered a given that a cop who fires at a person by training has intent to kill?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's come to light that the 2 marshals who murdered the little boy had had lots of problems with local residents in the past.

In a separate case, an Avoyelles Parish civil court jury in October 2014 found that Stafford had lied in a criminal proceeding and filed a false police report about the arrest of a man who’d complained about the officer not letting him pass through a crowded area to carry his ailing dog to receive medical care in 2012. Avoyelles Parish resident Patrick Jeansonne was arrested after Stafford heard over the police radio that someone called in a complaint about him, according to one of the man’s court filings.

The case is now on appeal in the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, said Jeansonne’s attorney Aaron Broussard.

At least five other pending civil suits name Stafford as a defendant, and two of those included Greenhouse as another defendant.

The suits include a 2012 lawsuit that alleges Stafford used a stun gun unprovoked and without warning while questioning a man. Another suit claims that Stafford used a stun gun on a handcuffed woman in the back of a police car while another accuses him of breaking a 15-year-old girl’s arm while wrestling her off a school bus.

Megan Dixon, Few’s fiancée, said this weekend that Few had a previous run-in with Greenhouse. A former high school classmate of Dixon, Greenhouse had started messaging her on Facebook and had come by the house Few and Dixon were sharing at the time.

“I told Chris and Chris confronted him about it and told him, ‘Next time you come to my house I’m going to hurt you,’ ” Dixon said.

Efforts to reach an attorney for Greenhouse were unsuccessful.

Avoyelles Parish District Attorney Charles Riddle III recused himself from the case early Monday morning. Norris Greenhouse Sr., the father of one of the accused officers, has been an assistant district attorney in the parish for 20 years and is currently the head of the office’s major crimes unit.

The Louisiana Attorney General’s Office will be prosecuting the case, said agency spokesman Aaron Sadler, who added no court date has been set.

10. red55

You posted a picture without any context. I can't debate a photo, can I? I can link a ton of FOXnews stories reporting the same thing you claim only the "liberal media" report.