Skinny on Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUtigah, Dec 29, 2004.

1. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

from another site...

"As many of you know, I coached at Michigan (not football) in the 70's. Les Miles played for Michigan when I was there, but I did not know him. However, I have a very close friend that still lives in Ann Arbor, that knew him very well.

I just hung up on a phone call with my friend and this is what he told me about LM. He coached for Schembechler and is much like him. Very intense;
    He and Carr didn't see eye to eye on many things, as both were assts at the same time. LM and Cam Cameron, another asst, were the two best recruiters on the staff. He is a great recruiter.
    He will never be the head coach at Michigan. The most likely guy to follow Carr will be Cam Cameron, if he hasn't moved on to an NFL coaching job by the time Carr leaves.

LM is intense, talented and would be a perfect fit for LSU with the speed and talent that is at LSU. LM, if given enough time, would salvage a great recruiting class for LSU yet this year.
    I found all of this encouraging, in light of the reports that he may be accepting the HC position at LSU.

I was afraid he would be ready to jump to Michigan given the chance, but I now know from not only my friend, but from two other very connected men in the Michigan family, that LM will never be offered the job.

I KNOW this information is first hand and honest. Take it for what it is worth."

2. WildcatMike

WildcatMike Founding Member

Cam to UM when Carr retires?

Are you serious? Cameron is the same coach that ran IU to the ground before DiNardo showed up. Take the rumor with a grain of salt. No way UM fans go for that!