Skip formally announces new baseball stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Jan 11, 2005.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Well, that's the problem ... there is already a demand for it.

If I'm not mistaken, they sell all of their season tickets before the first pitch is thrown. Now this doesn't mean you can't go to the games, because you can go and LSU will sell you a single ticket for most games due to all the noshows, especially midweek games.

Official capacity at The Box is 7,760, but if you look at the paid attendance last year, we averaged 7,883 tickets sold for 37 home games.

Not sure I understand the logic of only 8,000 seats...

2. veedo

veedo Founding Member

I agree that the stadium needs to have more than 8000 seats. If LSU is going to spend $23 million on a new stadium then why not build it for the future instead of having to renovate the new stadium to have more seats. We will be in the same situation that we are in with the softball field. That thing is less than 10 years old and is already outdated and they want to build a new one. GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME SKIP! This new stadium should have a minimum 10,000 seats but I would prefer 12,000.

On a side. The new stadium will have a grassy outfield area for seating. I do not know if that area was counted for in the capacity since it is arbitrary. If it is not, then filling in that area would easily add 2000 people to the attendance.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Another reason for the size may be the fact that TAF is not paying for this stadium so they are trying to keep the cost down some initially. Maybe if enough of the corporate, Alumni and other donations go high enough they will had on more seats before they start.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

The new stadium plans were approved by the board today. - per WAFB news.

Can't wait to see the new stadium and go to games there in a few years!

5. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

....... meanwhile, the LSU Golden Band from Tigerland still needs a new band room. They can't even fit the whole band inside the current one, even if everyone is standing.........

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Go win a fricking championship then... god (in the Napoleon Dynamite voice)

7. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

you've got to be freakin kidding me...... Tigerband won the ONLY national championship EVER held for college marching bands back in the 70's.

lets also not forget that Tigerband also recieved the Sudler Trophy in 2002 which as Skip put it is "The Heisman Trophy of College Marching Bands".

So that's two (2) national championships that Tigerband as won........ which is also the same number as our football team.

Anyway, I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to spread awareness so that people might donate a little money to the cause.

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I was joking, the GoldenBand is badass...

9. SMT

SMT Freshman

This stadium is not about accommodating the general public, it's about two issues, suites and a press box. If it were built to hold 10 or 12 thousand, many of the existing 8 thousand or so would not renew their season tickets because the fear of selling out would not exist. Unfortunately it's all a money thing!!!!!

Please don't misinterpret this note as being overly negative, I'm very excited about the new digs and am particularly happy we are building from the ground up on a new site. I just hope I don't have to watch the game through plexiglas like I do from my current tickets. :tigbas:

10. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

what will they do with old one when the new one is built? tear it down