Skip formally announces new baseball stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Jan 11, 2005.

1. veedo

veedo Founding Member

I believe that it will become a parking lot. I think that it will become a prime lot for football tailgating, but I also heard of a proposal for a parking garage. My guess is that it will not be a parking garage because they can get a ton of money from tailgaters.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

On the master plan and acording to what I read they will turn the property over to the Academic side and they will build a building on the site. Maybe they can put a large parking garage under the building, that would seem ot be very feasible.

3. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

They need to build a parking garage and let the students use it during the week. Parking is already a total nightmare during class hours.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Five new parking garages are in the master plan, but not the the old Box site. There will be a huge new paking garage between Tiger Stadium and the Energy, Coast and Environment Building.

The box site is grayed out (saved for futue development). Will probably be a parking lot in the short term, but no long-range plans have been announced. There is also an master-plan option to demolish the old married students apartments to the north of Alex Box make them into student parking and to re-route Nicholson Drive west to go alongside the railroad tracks and right through the Box site.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

So, they could tear down paradise and put up a parking lot. I know, bad. But I couldn't resist.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Parking isn't really bad. People just show up three minutes before class and expect to be able to park right in front of their building. There is plenty of parking. In fact LSU has the most Student spots per permit of any school its size. The parking is remote. I'll give you that, but it is always available.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The perfect place to set a cooler full of beverages while watching LSU Baseball on a sunny afternoon.

Damn. Could life get any better than that?