Skip Gets To Hire Another Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, Jun 2, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Golf coach Greg Jones resigned earlier this week. It should be interesting who has input during the selection process. The facilites are top-notch, the weather is extremely condusive to winning, there is support for the program, and the there is a history of championship play (gee, this could be ANY sport at LSU). Maybe Bill Brogden will return...

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Let's see if David Toms wants to retire from the PGA and join us in Baton Rouge?? :) :thumb:

3. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

Geez how many coaches have left since Mark Emmert left ?

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't think they are leaving because Emmert left, but the count is quite high...
    Part of that is replacing coaches that aren't fielding competitive enough teams.

5. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

You aren't serious? Maybe how many professors, but coaches?

Emmert was involved in Saban's hiring because he wanted to send a message loud and clear: "JOE DEAN, YOU'RE A FAILURE, A BAD DRIVER, AND A POSSIBLE NE'RE DO-WELL! GO! NOW! IMMEDIATELY, IF NOT SOONER!" Joe Dean, stunningly, saw the writing on the wall (probably in the men's room at Chuck's in Addis) and retired. Emmert then hired his guy for AD.

6. blevins

blevins Founding Member

I am not big on the pga, so I forget the guys name but he won a major or a big tournament recently, and before he came back to the pga he was the head coach at I think maryland, passing up a tour card to coach.

Maybe if Toms comes to coach he can get better seats at tiger stadium, instead of two rows behind me.

7. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Fred Funk is the former head coach at his alma mater Maryland. He won The Players Championship this year.