Skip needs to know Tuberville is unacceptable.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sourdoughman, Dec 18, 2004.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

My sister represents a lot of musical clients, ten percent is standard in that industry. I doubt it varies much.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

They played UF in 2002 and 2003 in the regular season as far as recent seasons go. My point is less the specific teams and more the strength of schedule. in 2002 they played an astounding six Top 25 teams. They always play at least 4, just like most of the SEC teams. Their schedule is usually as difficult as Notre Dame's as far as strength goes.

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Sorry I'm not familiar with the situation, but why to LSU fans hate Tuberville so much?

He may not be as good as his 11-0 record this year. One thing I see, is Ala. had enough talent to stock two pretty good programs over the years, Ala. and Auburn. Ala. goes on probation, all the top kids went to Auburn. Could explain TT's success this year. He might not be that good (11-0).

I remember an old post about Curly Hallman at S. Miss, who was beating Tenn, Ala, etc. while Hallman was there. An LSU fan asked a S. Miss fan why Hallman couldn't do it at LSU. The S. Miss fan said "We never thought Hallman was that good ourselves, but Brett Farve was GREAT!!!".

When someone enjoys success, you have to look at the situation to see what is the root cause of the success. If you assume it is the head coach, you may be wrong.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You're joking right? A Big East schedule harder than an SEC schedule? That's laughable. Miami had the easiest route to the national championship in those years.

5. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

It was hilarious, and now it's both annoying and plain old sad.

Let's try this again: Thomas Tuberville has a T-H-R-E-E M-I-L-L-I-O-N D-O-L-L-A-R buyout clause in his current contract.

I'll break it down even further since some of you can't readily grasp the implications of the above statement: if Tommy is offered the LSU gig and accepts, then LSU has to pony up 3,000,000 in addition to whatever they pay the new head coach in salary.

If this seems highly, highly improbable, well, it is. THIS is why these incessant "Tuberville is on LSU's radar" posts are just flat out asinine...but I fully expect to log onto the site tomorrow and see another 3-4 of these posts nonetheless. :dis: :dis: :dis:

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

See, now you're talking in circles. You were talking Davis here, he didn't coach Miami in 2002 or 2003, so what does that have to do with Davis? Davis only played Florida once in his six years at Miami and that was in a bowl game.

again, what does 2002 have to do with Davis?

You may wanna do a little more research. You're sitting here arguing that Miami had a tough schedule during Davis's run. Go take a look at the schedules during his run, it's weaker than your argument. You saying they played tough schedules is absurd. :dis:

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Skip knows.

This Tuberville story is not coming from LSU, it is coming from out of state. Sexton is trying to leverage The Tube a fat raise out of Auburn for the 11-0 season and he's reminding them that they tried to fire him last year by hinting that he's looking around.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Crawfish is saying that Sexton is telling Saban to turn down the Miami offer, when it finally arrives on his desk.

What say you?

9. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

You're wasting your time and bandwidth here guys...the only thing Tuberville wants out of Baton Rouge is another victory cigar. :hihi:

And as long as this "Saban to Miami" stuff has been going on, I'm now starting to think ol Saban isn't going anywhere. Don't you think they would have something done by now?

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Simply not true in the years Butch was there. They did not play any very hard schedules in my opinion except for his best and last year. and his record vs VA Tech and FSU is a concern to me. I know UM was on probation but being on probation there is not quite like it is anywhere else. Does anyone remember what their sanctions were?

Davis' reecord at Um was 51-20.

1995 8-3 Co champs of Big East
    losses to UCLA, Va Tech FSU
    Big wins-WVU/Syracuse

1996 9-3 Co champs of Big East
    losses to East Carolina, Va Tech and FSU
    Big Wins--WVU/Syracuse
    1997 5-6
    losses to Zona, Pitt, WVU, VT, FSU, Cuse
    Big wins-None
    This is the year the scholiie limitations hurt them i guess.

1998 9-3
    losses to VT, FSU, Cuse in the big 66-13 blowout
    Big Wins-UCLA, WVU

1999 9-4
    losses to VT, East Carolina, FSU, Penn St
    Big Wins--Ohio St/WVU

2000 11-1 Big East Champs
    losses-Washington, who was very good
    Big Wins-WVU, FSU, VA Tech, Florida