Skip needs to know Tuberville is unacceptable.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sourdoughman, Dec 18, 2004.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Logical assumption, but not true. The top athletes did not go to Auburn. Alabama has had a higher ranked recruiting class than AU since the sanctions, regardless which major recruiting service you utilize, and regardless of whther you look at it as "in-state" or "out-of-state." Hell, Phil Steele even had Bama ranked 2nd behind LSU out of the West this season :bncry:

Here are the facts. Bama had a number of key injuries and little depth to be in position to play through them. Dispute if you wish, but the fact remains that Tubby achieved more with less than either Shuler-Bear ot Saban this season.....fact.

There's so much readily available, factual material for the Tubby-bashers out there, I'm amazed at how much BS is being whipped-out in this thread. Sheeesh!

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

And the only thing LSU wants from Tub-o-$hit is to stick a lit cigar up his a$$!!!!!! We don't want that piece of crap as our coach.:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Imagine if he had a good personality... He could get those top recruits over Bama. Then he could accomplish even more with more! :wink:

Was too easy to pass up on commenting on that. Just pickin on ya. :thumb:

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I'm going to comment real quick and then flee . . .

Sexton is pretty much responsible for a lot of this situation. Every time predominant coaching positions have come available for the last 2-3 years, he has put CTT and CNS's names out there. Saban's were all NFL jobs, because he was having more success then CTT. CTT's name was out there for NCAA jobs that were on par with Auburn. Both cases made the administrations (and fan bases) for the schools do whatever it took to keep them at Auburn and LSU.

Soley because Saban admitted it, I believe that the Miami thing is a possibility (I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see Saban admit it) - but I think the CTT to LSU is further exploitation of the situation by Sexton.

1) LSU's administration would not pay $3m for CTT. Tubby is not a phenom gameday coach, and is only as good as his OC and DC. You don't pay a $3m buyout for that.

2) I don't think CTT would leave Auburn to go to another SEC school. Just because I don't think any coach would want to coach at 3 SEC schools . .

I'm gone now . .

5. lsu92

lsu92 Founding Member

Chuck,

I agree with you 100%!!!