Skip to replace Smoke?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by crawfish, Apr 5, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

People aren't satisfied around here with the way the Les Miles hire was handled. They don't like the way Skip placed a ceiling on the new coach's salary and bungled the Jack Del Rio situation. They also aren't satisfied with CLM as a gameday coach and as a public speaker. Who can blame them?

You're 1) a fan of Les Miles and 2) not a current resident of Baton Rouge so you aren't as close to the situation as some of us. You haven't heard the conversations bandied about on the radio.

Before this season CJB was wanted out by many in Baton Rouge. This has been discussed in detail so I won't go into it. Obviously he's earned quite a few more years....

The hiring of Smoke Laval over other more well-known and successful Skip proteges, especially over the camp money situation is not accepted by any in this town. His comparative lack of postseason success as well as the complete meltdown of this season means he's probably gone.

See why some people think he's a bad AD? All of the Big 3 hires/positions were in question at some time during his tenure.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Everything is in question at one time or another. That is no matter who is AD and who is coach at any given sport. That is the nature of sports and fans.

But, IMO, having the men's and women's BB teams go to the final four, the FB team finish in the top 5, and the "lesser" sports doing well and many in their top 10 speaks of an athletics program in overall great shape.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

So perhaps Skip actually knew what he was doing, as opposed to fans...?

I wouldn't count on that. He'll get atleast one more year. Skip is not going to want to let him go.

Yet we have one of the best Athletic Dept's in the country & are currently enjoying more success than ever before.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

In Brady's case? You would say that and some would agree. I don't like him and still don't. I won't turn around and jump on the CJB bandwagon just because of a Final Four. However, you haven't seen me agreeing with vienna and gofer in their useless bash threads either.

It depends on how much losing we can tolerate & still get the funds raised for the new baseball stadium. I think he should be gone, but you are probably right.

I agree. I'm not ready to ascribe it to the leadership of Stanley though.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

New logo to replace Toonces? Nick Saban to stay at LSU?

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I still think CJB is a marginal coach, but I thought (just like Skip apparently) that we would still be able to succeed under him and we have.

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

John Brady to replace Phil Jackson in July.....

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Bingo on the first count, a total miss on the second.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

She's probably better off not being able to listen to the dorks on sports radio in this town.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

There are a few threads I could have posted this.

This if from LSUSports.net

BATON ROUGE -- With its No. 4 ranking in women's basketball, LSU joined North Carolina as the only schools in NCAA history to have its football team and men's and women's basketball teams finish their seasons ranked in the top 5 in the nation during the same athletic year.

http://www.lsusports.net//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=264960