SKIP! Would we tolerate this effort....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FriedBoudinBall, Feb 13, 2005.

1. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

since t.e. has so many opinions and hates brady... let him be the next basketball coach...I would love to see that.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

But Skip has saw to it that great coaches were found and/or retained for the women's basketball team and softball team.

If you ask me, I think it's clear that Skip wants LSU to have the FINEST athletic department in the nation and to his credit, ONE team not ranked in the top 25, but with a 13-8 record, isn't bad for an athletic department as a whole.

Granted, I know men's basketball HAS been a big part of LSU in the past, but it's not like our men's team is really horrible, and the rest of our athletic programs are struggling.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

The problem I have with that is that Men's College Basketball is the second most watched college sport in America, and most people will only know an athletic department by the combination of football and men's basketball. We can't have one of our major two faces being this mediocre if we are going to be seen as one of the best athletic departments in the nation.

5. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

LSU men's basketball is the only major sport at LSU that doesn't compete on a national level. It shouldn't be the goal of the hoops program to "make" the field of 65, that should be a given. Just making the field is a goal for the teams in the Southland Conference, not teams in the SEC. John Brady has talent on this team and for them to consistently underachieve is unacceptable and why he needs to go. I for one don't like settling for mediocrity and that's what Brady delivers. I never thought I'd see the day when women's hoops was not just outdrawing but embarrassingly outdrawing the men's team. I remember the days of the BenGals and the times when no one was at a women's game. Men's basketball has become almost an afterthought at LSU now, bordering on obsolete. Most fans focus goes from football to bowl games to Natl. Signing Day to baseball, while keeping a close eye on Spring football.
    Brady has had a ton of players and coaches leave the program over the last few years and the whole thing is mired in mediocrity and it's time to make a change. Should've been done last year.