Skyler Green Hurt.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigers Paw, Aug 24, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I've got news for those that see Xavier Carter flat out outrun some corners this year...

Skyler (Pending health), Bowe, Davis, Doucet, and Amp Hill...Xavier may be too good to keep off the field...but he'd be best served as a redshirt with a lineup of 5 quality returning and or freshman who are excelling at according to reports a faster rate than Carter is.

Doucet will play. Period. I think we can all tell that Saban is impressed with his ability. I also think that Bowe, Skyler, and Davis are all penciled in. That makes four, and that doesn't count Amp Hill, a returner who was pushing Devery for his job back last year in fall camp. If he's at 95% percent, he's at an NFL quailty level, people...

Lavelle Hawkins-according to Saban-comes in and out of his breaks better than any LSU wideout they have on campus-Those are Saban's own words in the latest issue of Purple & Gold. Knowing that, and knowing that we have the hosses already ahead of Carter...Why not redshirt this guy?

I doubt he'll get a shirt, as he's just too talented, but I don't see him seeing a significant amount of PT with the guys in front of him and his lack of physical size at this point. Wait till he's 19...It's ON!

2. max

max Founding Member

Saban said they'll both be back in a couple of days.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

no he was not carried off....he hobbled under his own power.

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I'm still hearing that Amp is never going to be his old self today and that Carter is already passed him on the depth chart. I was told its Green, Bowe, Doucet, Xavier...and Buster Davis will break in every once in a while.

5. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I wonder, why in the heck Green is not wearing a white jersey in practice? :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po:

6. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

why would he be?? you can't put a red jersey on every good player on the field. things like this are going to happen. LSU has been extremely lucky and have been avoiding things like this. Luckily it doesn't seem too serious.

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I heard Saban say just the othert day that he wanted the QB's to put on red jerseys b/c the were holding the ball to long in the pocket. My bad b/4 I said white I ment to say red. The man is all about full contact. You are right LSU is extremely lucky.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Remember, last year Saban said he thought Amp's injury probably wasn't too serious before the x-ray was taken. I'll hold my breath till the results come back.

9. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

Carter is not going to red-shirt. The reason he's not is because he is finally getting better with the knowledge of the offense. Doucet started studying the playbook with the coaches' help after he signed in Feb. That was a great advantage coming into the fall. Carter & Hawkins are catching up & will be contributors this year.

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Belch ... another Chicken Little and the "skyler" is fallen

Bumps N' Bruises ... the whole crew will be ready for OSU

Six ... (6) ... seis ... (5+1) ... (7-1) ... :eek:

~S~I~X~ WRs for LSU can expect to see action this season ...

No one will keep Green & Bowe off the field ... that leaves the rest scrambling for another 4 spots

Craig Davis ... Early Doucet ... Lavelle Hawkins ... looking like they are there

Xavier Carter, Amp Hill, Bennie Brazell, Gino Giambelluca & Joe Lawrence will be scrambling for the last spot or so ... special teams for the rest perhaps