Skyler Green Hurt.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigers Paw, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

Just saw Skylar at school he is on crutches and has a walking cast on. I talked to Xavier last night, he was limping but he said it wasn't bad and should be ready to go thursday.

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

I just saw Skyler, too. He was "spitting game" at this graduate student by the journalism building.

3. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

Lavelle is behind the other freshmen. Doucet & Carter works out the ones & two's during practice. Lavelle works out on the adjacent field with the 3's.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

In formations with only two WRs on the field, will it be generally the same two guys? Last year it was always Clayton/Henderson and Green would come in as a slot guy. Assuming everyone's healthy, how would it play out this year? In 2 WR sets, would it be something like Green/Bowe on the field ALL the time or would the combinations vary? Or would you want Doucet/Bowe to be the WR combo with their (I'm assuming) better blocking skills and Green to continue in his slot role?

5. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

In the base offense (2 WR set) Green/Bowe are the starters with Davis/Doucet backing them up & will give them needed rest. Remember Early & Bowe play the same position ("Y") & I don't think you will see either of them at the ("X") position.

In the 3 WR set (40% of the time we are in this formation), Davis-"X"/Green-(slot "Z")/Bowe-"Y". Backing those positions up will be Carter-"X"/Hill-(slot "Z")/Doucet-"Y".

Look for Bowe & Doucet to play about the same number of minutes. Skyler will play a lot at the "X" with Davis getting about 30%. Carter & Hill will get what's left about 20% (about what Davis & Bowe got last year). JMO

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Good explanation and easy to understand. How about 4 WR sets? Will these only be used on 3rd and long or could we see it every once in awhile on 1st & 2nd to mix things up?

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

With all this talk of speed, i think everyone is missing a major factor in the WR depth chart.. RUN BLOCKING... wr blocking down field can mean the difference between 3 ypc and 8 ypc... henderson and especially clayton were great run blockers... usually the youngers guys can block for ****, but our older fella, green, is a bit undersized.. i think this will play a major factor in who starts after the first few weeks, since you can only really determine who is the best blocker in real games.

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, but they do have the size. Bowe and Doucet are both 200+, and Hill, Carter, and Davis arent far behind. Whether or not they will pick up on it quickly remains to be seen, but they have the build.

9. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

JMO again, but I see (Davis - "X" / Skyler - "Z" / Bowe / Doucet - "Y"). I think we will mix it up a little to spread the field to get isolations mismatches with LB'ers & to create running lanes.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ain't it great that Jimbo Fisher decided to join the forum? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

at least lsu99 bit on it.