Slick Shelley picks Vols

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Deke, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Deke

Deke Freshman

Per the Chattanooga paper this morning. :geauxtigs

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Here's a link for anyone interested in reading about it.

Shelley chooses Vols over LSU
    By CHRIS LOW
    Staff Writer
    Tuesday, 02/01/05

KNOXVILLE – He already has one of the best names in the 2005 recruiting class. Now, Slick Shelley wants to prove he also has some of the best hands.

Shelley said last night that he would sign with Tennessee tomorrow, bringing the Vols' commitment total to 23.

The Fort Smith, Ark., product caught a touchdown pass in the U.S. Army Reserve All-American Bowl last month in San Antonio. He's the eighth player from that game to choose the Vols.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Now I'm even MORE confused as to where RP will end up. I was feeling pretty confident over the weekend, but now I honestly don't know.

Shelley seemed to be pretty much saying that if RP decided to go to LSU, then that's where he would likely end up. Now Slick is a Vol. :confused:

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

From LaFell

Maybe we didn't have a spot for Slick in this limited class after LaFell committed to Miles. Although I would doubt if Miles would turn Rouse down if he were to choose LSU, that guy is way too good.

5. BostonBengal

Re: From LaFell

Interesting! Great find, cajdav! I feel much better about it! ;)

I guess that the notion is true: If you wait too long, you (the recruit) might be left out.

Now, I hardly consider Tennessee to be a "2nd choice" team for any recruit--but I do believe that after LaFell made his announcement, Shelley's hand was forced (whether he was going Vols all the way will be unknown).

Makes sense that we only have room for 1 WR signing with:

1. Green
    2. Bowe
    3. Davis
    4. Doucet
    5. Carter
    6. Amp Hill
    7. B. Brazell
    8. LaFell

Also, add "H-Backs" Jacob Hester and RJ Jackson, that will, at times, line up as WR's (Addai as well on occassion) and that's 11 "pass catchers" (excluding TE's obviously).

Even AFTER next season, we only lose Skyler from this group. So we might only be signing 1 receiver next season as well! With LaFell's commitment, we're DEFINATELY set at wideout for years to come!

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Can you imagine the first thoughts that popped into Miles mind when he saw our returning WR's!!!!!!

Probably had the same reaction I got the first time I saw Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. :redface:

7. BostonBengal

Yeah. He smiled from ear to ear and said, "I'm gonna let 'er rip!" :hihi:

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Re: From LaFell

LaFell said last night during an interview on Fox Sports that Miles said LSU would sign only 1 WR this year. I still think he would take Rouse but he is a long shot to sign with the Tigers IMO.