Slow day on the Forum so...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, May 31, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Does this piss anybody else off? I am a baseball fan and like to watch MLB when it's on. The entire nation can watch 90% of the Atlanta Braves games on WTBS. So, why do Fox, ESPN and ESPN2 insist on carrying Braves games? Why not some other teams that we rarely see? Now I feel better. That was stuck in my craw.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I feel you on that one. Same thing with the damed cubs. I want to see some A's or MAriners games.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

More Yankees and Astros games

4. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Yes, it is a slow day.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

go astros!
    get lost braves!!!!

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Whats great is when the Braves play the Cubs and WGN and TBS have the game.

I am glad Fox Sports Southwest is showing more Astros games these days. But along with that I get "Inside Baylor Sports" I mean WHO CARES!!!! At least air something about UT, at least they good in multiple sports.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Braves (the Buffalo Bills of baseball) used to be owned by Ted Turner. Now they are owned by AOL Time Warner and are for sale. Ted Turner said he would like to buy the team back but now he can't afford to. A few years ago Ted Turner gave The UN a billion dollars ($1,000,000,000) If he hadn't wasted a billion dollars he could afford to buy the team.

George W Bush bought the Texas Rangers for $14 million dollars, most of the money borrowed. George W Bush sold the Texas Rangers for $250 million dollars (The same amount of money the Rangers are paying Alex Rodriguez over 10 years)

George Steinbrenner bought the Yankees in 1973 for $10 million dollars. Now the Yankees are valued at $800 million dollars.

Bill Clinton did not have sex with that woman. I know. I've seen the video of Bill Clinton NOT having sex with that woman.

George W Bush is the most powerful man in the world. Bill Clinton used to be the most powerful man in the world. I am way, way, way, way down the list of most powerful men in the world.

BUT:

I DID have sex with some much better looking women than the women the former most powerful man in the world did not have sex with. I also DID NOT have sex with a lot of much better looking women than the woman the former most powerful man in the world did not have sex with. A lot of the women I did not have sex with was because they wouldn't have sex with me. A lot of other women I would like to have sex with I have never met. A lot of the women I did not have sex with who are better looking than the woman the former most powerful man in the world did not have sex with WOULD have had sex with the former most powerful man in the world.

John F Kennedy was the most powerful man in the world in the 60's. John F Kennedy did have sex with some of the most beautiful women in the world at the time like Marilyn Monroe.
    I would have like to have known her but I was just a kid (Elton John - Candle in the Wind)

So:

1. Don't throw your money away on lost causes - You might end
    up so broke you can't even afford to buy your own baseball
    team back.

2. Buy low and sell high and you just might end up as the most
    powerful man in the world or at least as a billionaire baseball
    team owner.

3. You all have a great chance to have sex with better looking
    women than one former most powerful man in the world did
    not have sex with.

4. There is almost no chance that you will have sex with women
    as great looking as another former most powerful man in the
    world did have sex with.

5. If you are ever with a woman who wants to have sex with you
    who has a friend who is better looking than the woman a
    former most powerful man in the world did not have sex with
    who wants to have sex call me.

6. If you ever meet a woman as great looking as another former
    most powerful man in the world did have sex with call me
    whether she acts like she wants to have sex or not. After all
    I am the 58,972,000th most powerful man in the world and a
    few of the guys ahead of me are either gay, too sick or too
    old to have or not have sex.

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

It must be slow to bring up MLB.....As I've said before if they were playing in my backyard I wouldn't got out and watch....same goes for the NBA.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

How can you say that baseball is the greatest sport of all time. It is rooted deeper in our culture that even football ever could be. Read "The Kid Who Batted 1.000" by Troon McAllister, if you don't just fall in love with the game all over again I'll eat my hat.

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I assume that was directed at me? I luv the game of baseball. Played from the time I was 5 through college. That's exactly why I hate MLB....they don't luv the game. To allow what is suppose to be the greatest baseball spectacle on earth....the World Series.....get cancelled over greed.......that's when they lost me and I will never go back. I luv college baseball, the players play it for the luv of the game.