Slow time - mythical champions tournament

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by houtiger, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You're kidding, right?

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No, are you?

3. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Yeah really. A middle of the road would never put up big offensive numbers on LSU. No way they would through for something like, I don't know, 400 or so yards and a fist full of touchdowns.:cool:

For the last time, I think everyone here is in agreement that we won it all in 2003. However, there's no reason at all to think that USC didn't have a GREAT team in '03 and '04. Not bad in '05 either. Give credit where credit is due and salute the 2004 National Champions.:)

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

although I agree with USC having excellent teams the last few years, I will say from watching them on many occassions that their defenses were far overrated given the talent. many games i saw, they would lay 30 points on the board before the other team blinked which then forced the other teams hand.

Whether they got laxed or what they surely didnt have the toughness on defense petey carroll gets credited for on defensive genius. his teams were offensive genius, just the opposite.

credit goes to the hc either way but no ones gonna sell me on his defensive genius at the college level. saban laughs in his general direction on that matter.

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

That weak, weak conference is 5-3 against the SEC the past four years... and LSU has all three wins... the complete blow out of Oregon State:shock: and Arizona State:shock: included!! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :yelwink2: :shock:

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

To have a defense rated so highly playing in a conference known for putting up gaudy offensive stats, USC must be doing something right. And our only strong performance against a PAC10 team, as pointed out by Hawker, was against a lame Arizona team.

I remember when we were going to show Virginia Tech what SEC football was all about. Which of the two teams were the more physical that day? It isn't spelled LSU.

The whole mythical championship of champions is pretty sad. I'm ready to get it on with the peppers.

Happy 4th everybody. :usaflagwa

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That's what I was afraid of. Take those blinders off.

8. TwistedTiger

No blinders here, it's an honest opinion of what I have seen. You must not watch much football if you think USC's defenses of late have been all that great.

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

To be fair, let's throw out your 59-13 slaughter of Arizona and USC's 70-17 slaughter of Arkansas. In the other 6 games, the SEC teams have given up an average of 29.5 ppg. So... if you think their defenses are bad, what do you suppose they think of your's?:shock: :shock: :yelwink2:

10. TwistedTiger

Your basing your rankings of defense on 6 games spread over 6 years?:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Just in case you have been living under a rock the past 100 years, the PAC10 has never been considered a strong defensive conference. USC's best defense over the last 6 years has been it's offense period. If you don't understand that you haven't been watching them play. Huge early leads by the Trojans have turned opponents offenses in to one demensional catch up offenses making them easy pickings for the overrated USC defenses.. Without the great offenses wich they have certainly had their defenses would be average at best.