Slow time - mythical champions tournament

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by houtiger, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Whether USC or LSU had the better defense in 03' is highly debatable. It's virtually one's opinion, but if you buy into the theory that the Pac 10 plays better offense than the SEC (which is a valid argument) then it's only natural that LSU held teams to lower totals than USC. That part of your argument doesn't hold much water.

My posts were directed at TwistedTiger, as it was very obvious he was making statements with no facts to back them.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

We also have the 2nd best winning % in our conference alltime against the PAC-10 (11-3 .786)
    Kentucky is 2-0. They've beaten Oregon St twice.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Let me break it down this way. The scoring avg of USC's opponents in'03 was 25.9 ppg. LSU's was 27.76 ppg. USC held their opponents to 18.38 ppg or
    7.52 points below their average. LSU held their opponents to 11 ppg or 16.77 below their average. So technically, your arguement doesn't hold much water.

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Just look at the teams we stopped.....we held Georgia to 23 points combined in 2 games.....against OU, which had arguebly one of the best offenses that year to 150 yards of TOTAL offense
    there is no way that USC holds anyone to 150 yards of total offense much less a "powerhouse" like OU

5. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

They stomped that team in the following year's Championship -- and they had Adrian Peterson. SC's D was very, very good in '02, '03, '04. Not so much last year.

I'm just trying to make the point that they were good on D, yes I think LSU was better that year.

6. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

They did beat that OU "powerhouse" 55-19 the next year, forcing 5 turnovers.

What is up with the USC bashing. First of all it's rediculous to think that they didn't have a good team (or defense for that matter). Secondly, we don't really have any reason to be angry with them. If you want to blame someone, blame the Associated Press. We all know we won the :crystal: . There no reason to keep being bitter about USC. It just makes us look that much more insecure.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Um, you just fell into the category with TwistedTiger, blind ignorant statements.