Sly Stallone

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 8, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

See, this article right here illustrates why most websites should not be taken seriously as sources of journalism. The Yahoo writer takes a "you gotta be kidding me" approach to the story, and links, I suppose to strengthen his case, to a blogger who devotes much of his webspace to female athletes or hot girlfriends of athletes in bikinis. Both leave a very relevant point out of their stories: the IBHoF has a category for "non-participants", defined as those who made contributions to the sport other than as boxers or observers (journalists, photographers, etc). This is the category for trainers, promoters...even the Marquee of Queensbury can be found in this grouping. It took me about 3 solid minutes of research to learn this. But I guess Steve Cofeild of Yahoo! or Larry Brown can't be bothered with a little work, especially if it screws up your story.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah the article is crap, it's just the first one i found to use as verification of Stallone making the hall.

Personally I think it's great, and I also think it would be a crime NOT to have Rocky in the Boxing hall of fame. Hell put Apollo Creed in that bitch too.

4. tboy

tboy Founding Member

That's funny.
    Out of everyone in the movie though I always liked "Mick", Burgess Meredith's lines. "You're going to eat lightning and crap thunder!!" "He'll knock ya till tomorrow Rock", "He's gonna hurt ya permanent".
    I went to Philly about year ago. One of the major tourist attractions is the steps that Rocky ran up in the movie. It is actually their Museum of Art. The statue of Rocky on the steps that was in one of the movies has been placed on the ground by the right side of the steps. Brass footprints are at the spot on the top of the steps where Rocky jumped up and down in the movie. There were several people waiting their turn to take a picture with their hands raised at the top of the steps and with the statue.