Smack Talking

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, May 12, 2004.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Now be honest, how many of you have gone on other team's boards and talked smack? I'm not talking about friendly conversations about the game - even if you do mention that we are going to win. I'm talking about instances where you are practically starting a fight. What about in person w/ other fans?? Please feel free to include stories of this. I personally haven't started anything, but came close to getting in a fight this last year at Ole Miss due to some... rude [the nicest possible word for it] Ole Piss fans.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I've never gone to another board to start smack...although some times the conversations seem to develop into nothing more than a pissing contest, and the majority of those instances have been with our in state "rivals" and ole miss.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The Friday before the Auburn game this past year, we rolled down to the Quarter around 2 or 3 in the afternoon to get booze it up at Utopia and the other "hot spots"...

LOTS OF AU FANS!

It was funny, because they were expecting a lot of people to be crowing, I guess. No one did. I had my LSU polo shirt and LSU hat on (With sandals...Boy was I dressed for Bourbon Street success!), so a few were uneasy as I walked up unprovoked to shake hands...

Their attitudes quickly changed when I started talking about how Auburn could set the tempo early if they were able to sustain drives or use the no huddle like UF did against us. Don't think too many were prepared for a sane logical conversation about their football team and mine on Bourbon Street.

I can remember one guy just being gonzo...I mean, he was REALLY taking advantage of 3-for-1's at Utopia, people...He was being pretty flippant, but this absolute MILF of an Auburn fan walks up to me and says, "People like you make me want to root for LSU!"

She then gave me some Auburn colored Mardi Gras Beads and planted one on me...Let's just say that Auburn hasn't quite looked so bad ever since then....

We met some Oklahoma fans that were pretty nice in the food court across from the Dome in the mall before kickoff. Two brothers, one an OSU grad, the other an OU grad. The OU guy seemed to think that OU would win, but he thought that it would be a shootout. My dad and I could only laugh, but for the most part, every single fan we saw, met, or walked by and gave the Tigerbait to were really nice and good natured. I didn't experience one bad Sooner fan, and that's the truth.

Same thing for Florida this past year. There were more than a few in the SEZ, and I think their good behavior had more to do with the shock of beating us and the putrid performance leading up to the sun shining on that dog's ass of a team that day than anything else.

The Georgia fans we tailgated with at the KOR were THE nicest folks I've ever met...

Just my $0.02...But, the worst fans I've ever seen are Notre Dame...The things their fans said as they got off the plane at Nawlins International when I was a senior in HS in 1997 waiting on my dad to get into town were downright UnCatholic. One guy told them as much. Just a few sparse go Tigers and Tigerbaits had them cursing and threatening people...Very, VERY rude...

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The Notre Dame fans I came in contact with at the '97 Independence Bowl (and I was seated in the ND section--easiest way to get tickets was through their ticket office) were really nice. They were gracious, even when we started really kicking their butts.

Now, there were a few renegade LSU fans who tried to shove the victory down the throats of the Irish in attendance, but basically, if the LSU fans were civil, so were the ND fans.

My aunt and uncle traveled up there in '98 for that game, and even though both of them had hated ND for years, they came away liking the people they met up there. And in general, when I visited Chicago last year, I found a majority of the people from that area to be quite gregarious--which was what my family had reported about Illinois and Indiana folks.

Increasingly, however, I've noticed that it's hard not to get flamed going to another team's board. I think that many hotheads are populating the boards of a lot of the schools. For instance, things are insane over on the Oregon State Insiders board the last several days. It's not bad enough that the Beavers are bashing us, but now USC and Auburn fans have showed up to fan the flames.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I find that most fans of other schools are nice.

But they don't believe me when I introduce myself as JEAN LAFITTE, KING OF THE CORSAIRS, THE PURPLE, GOLD AND BOLD RAIDER, MERCHANTMAN AND GENTLEMAN!

Perhaps if I wore more modern clothing that did not have a purple and gold motif, things would be different.

6. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

RECRUITING OF jAMARCUS RUSSELL ON A bAMA SITE

Before I knew about the LSU forums I used to post on a BAMA site, I have always liked Bama, well I posted a couple years ago how excited we were that Jamarcus Russell committed to LSU I forgot the alabama connection boy did that pixx them off. That thread flamed for weeks, and I wasn't trying to make them madd just excited about the boy you know. tHEY WERE STEAMED ABOUT IT. :po:

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jean, look at it like this: What if I came up to you on the street and introduced myself as Henry the 8th or Nostradamus and was dressed to fit the role. You would probably try to get away from me as fast as you could.

:eek:

I saw a movie about Jean Lafitte a few years ago starring Errol Flynn. When they rolled the credits at the end there was something about Lafitte moving to Galveston and getting killed and eaten by cannibal Indians. Is that true?

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Not sure what they would have been so pissed about...as I recall, JaMarcus made it plain pretty early that he wasn't going to 'Bama.

9. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

Recruits

I think it was the idea that a Mr BAMA would pick us over them,
    When a recruit is from your own state it smarts more when they leave.

Like Warrick Dunn going to Florida State