Small 12 out for Skip's scalp.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengaleze, May 27, 2003.

1. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

Just visited the Big12 baseball boards and they have a case of the reds against everything SEC.

2. Jack

Jack Member

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Meh - just ignore 'em. I weep for the person who actually went through that entire game list. Must be sad to live such a shallow, meaningless life...

4. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

OH man how I hope the Big 12 teams all lose out. I wonder how much longer that thread will last if that happens LOL!!

Then they'll whine that they lost b/c they played on the road.

Big 12 Fans always whine about everything.

A Texas fan shouldn't whine about squat considering they get a top five preseason poll ranking every year in football.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually, it's hard to argue with their facts. I was very surprised at the National #2 and Arizona State (50-12) should feel slighted. Like it or not folks LSU and Miami got their seeds because of tradition. That said, the Kansas sweep of LSU was a major league fluke and the Big 12ers should place no stock in that feat. If we played them now it would be no contest. Also, they should thank Skip Bertman. He's single-handedly responsible for the growth, success and popularity of SEC baseball and by extension, the current surge of other, more northerly conferences. Just my opinion.

6. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

But why peg Skip?

I looked at the make-up of the selection committee and there was a fair representation of the major baseball conferences and some minor ones. How is Skip responsible since he wasn't the chairman, I don't think? I do have problems with FL being given a spot, but no selection process is ever going to be fair to everyone and every year whether baseball or basketball or football polls, someone feels cheated.

7. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

You should have been to hornfans.com on Monday. All they were talking about in the baseball fourm was the fact that we were a #2 national seed and we did not deserve it. I agree that we are not really a #2 national seed, more like 6. Horn fans bitch and whine too much. They were saying the only reason we were a national seed was because Skip is on the committee. They even had a post that listed all the email addresses of the people on the committee and told the horn fans to write them and "bitch them out" for not giving them a national seed. They should not have beef with us as a national seed, they should really go after Auburn and Miami. Well I guess tradition plays a part in this process and us and Miami have plenty. Texas has tradition with 5 titles but only one since the late 1970's. I think titile won in the 40's and 50's mean a little less then 5 in the 90's. Well the national seed means crap to us if we don't win the regional. We need to focus on our 1st game and not beyond that.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You KNOW that if Texas had received a Nat'l seed and LSU did not, there would be a flaming thread on this board raising hell about it. I believe LSU earned and deserved a 1-8 seed but (for once) I can empathize with the 'Horns fans.