Smoke....Brady......Miles.....the jury waits

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gerryv, Jun 16, 2005.

1. gerryv

gerryv Freshman

last week on our show in new orleans we heard from many lsu fans (via e-mails..show calls or comments @ hornetsreport.com ( gerry v show forum) about smoke laval...john brady....and even les miles...my questions are these.

what charges are smoke & brady guilty of??? where are they innocent?
    is UNDERACHIEVEMENT the buzz word and why? are they getting a bum rap?
    would you defend or sek the guilty verdict??

..and les miles....lsu is loaded and should win the sec west.....is anything else acceptable??? i wonder what kind of reception your new football coach will get if its anything else?.....please respond and i'll use the comments on a show as we look into this area...thanks

PS..please be as brief as possible.....GV:lsup:

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

This is a veritable hornets nest, and you need only dig through some old threads to get a few weeks of shows on Brady and a couple on Smoke.

A lot can happen in a football season, so while expectations may be really high, I am reluctant to say anything less would reflect on Coach Miles necessarily at this point. There's a world of difference between a team being unprepared or unmotivated and a team that gets some bad breaks.

Both can happen, but speaking for myself only, I agree with Saban's philosophy of focusing on the process, and letting the wins happen as a result of the process. Which gets to the above points about preparedness and motivation.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

Are you really doing this research in June of 2005?

What rock have you been under?

The miserable Saints and Hornets aren't enough to fill a show these days?

Why the sudden eye and ear for LSU Sports?

You are way out of touch, buddy. If you want the skinny on these topics and how the fanbase feels about them, just pull your head out of your ass and look around...

4. gerryv

gerryv Freshman

yo barney! BB-put your bullet back in your pocket...i asked because i still hear from LSU fans on a daily basis.....as i pulled my head out of my ass i can't help but say i'm sorry i took you away from you re-search paper.....now go spit shine those saddle shoes you're wearing..brush off that plaid jacket...and spin that propellar beenie cap you have on your head ...also it wouldn't be a bad idea if you put some foil on your antenna and pick up the IQ beams.....and while your at it..spin yourself around a few times and keep telling yourself..." one day i wanna be somebody".....and while you do that hopefully your lil pet monkey will pick up the pennies that folks have collected for your cause ok.....let us know when your ready to play the big room where the big guys play.....if you promise to keep your head down on your desk and take a lil nap we'll make sure you get a cookie.....you're not ready to play here yet. GV:dis:

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Smoke: He's not Skip

Brady: He can't compete for the NC in a program that has never competed for the NC (don't come back with 81 and 86 because the 81 team was 2 notches below every other final four team that year and 86 (87?) was a total, complete fluke).

6. BB

BB Founding Member

Listen, radio slut, I put some foil on my antenna and I picked up your Jr. High radio show. It was great. I like how you read everything nice and slowly and I always love the way you announce what's for lunch. "Today we are having crow with macaroni and cheese, apple sauce, and milk.

Do you think you have a shot at doing the announcements in high school next year? I think you should work on your Quiz Bowl, Spelling Bee, and Chess Club coverage - you are a little weak in your delivery.

As for the Big Boy / Big Room comment - this is my house, Stern. Piss me off and I'll give Tim Floyd your home number...

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Speaking of IQ, it is spelled [font=&quot]"propeller" and "beanie"

You going to talk nice to his face too then bash him on the radio? Seem good at that.

Lord almighty, someone wasn't kidding when they said you were trying to be a jim rome wanna-be. Your comebacks are horrible.

[/font]

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And now....back to the thread.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

So are Rome's, but he has the luxury of hanging up the phone on anyone he pleases. Small-timers can't afford to do that.

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Andrew, you ever watch his TV show on ESPN?

I saw it the other day and he was talking sports to these two comedians or something along those lines....I didn't quite get what the point was.