Smoke....Brady......Miles.....the jury waits

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gerryv, Jun 16, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

This guy seems like an ass. Jim Rome Clone. Don't know him personally or ever heard his show so i wont make that judgement, but he doenst seem well received around here. If only he was in town so I wouldnt be the most disliked host in town...haha :lsup:

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Oh, don't sell yourself too short...I dislike Fine's show a lot more than I dislike yours. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

3. BB

BB Founding Member

How about this, Gerald:

Make me a studio guest on your show and I'll do you the favor of filling you in on all that is LSU Sports while sending your ratings to a respectable level in the process. Invite me into the studio and you can get your career and dignity back - I'm that damn special. I like my coffee black. What day do you want to ressurect your career?

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Rome is a schmoozer. He makes no secret of the fact that he wants to eventually get out of sports and become a straight news journalist.

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Then I wouldnt be the second most disliked show....haha love ya guys...:) :lsup:

6. clair

clair Rockets

Geez... go easy on Gerry V..

Now:

Brady: has recruiting skills, but lacks the 'people's coach' persona that Dale Brown had... The team often looks disinterested..

Smoke: I always thought he was a decent coach, but he too looks like he lacks the fire to motivate a team.

Just my opinion though

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

His radio show is on par with Blake Andrews. Blake's show is just pathetic and Gerry's show is like having old flashbacks of middle school when that one kid would talk back to teacher because he thought it made him "cool". The whole city of New Orleans laughs at this clown. The guy was owned by Tim Floyd. What does that tell you?

He's like that little dog at your aunt's house that growls at you and won't stop barking. As soon as you confront the little chit, he pisses all over the carpet, or in Gerry's case...... on his middle school (not highschool,BB) radio show.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I take some offense to that...lol...but I guess that comes with it..I dont think my show is pathetic though?:confused: There have been some really good shows recently.

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Why do you take offense to that? "your show", huh?

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This criticism of Smoke always cracks me up. Here's your assignment:

Watch the CWS. Pay attention to the TV shots of coaches in the dugout. What do you see? Hand clapping? Back slapping? No. What you see is intense concentration as they study scouting reports and tendencies. You may see them with their heads down and eyes closed while they try to stay a few steps ahead of the action, e.g., who to warm up in the pen, who to pinch hit or pinch run later in the game, etc. Some are busy relaying signals to the catcher and field coaches. The motivating aspects are behind closed doors where we fans never venture.

Basically, if you are winning, you are fired up. If you are losing, you are not.