Smoke....Brady......Miles.....the jury waits

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gerryv, Jun 16, 2005.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

na, I catch it when I take a late lunch on the radio.

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

By my show I mean to say the show I'm on. I take offense b/c you said that the show was pathetic. I disagree and I'm offended somewhat. But, I cant help what you like and dont like.:lsup:

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Why does it kill you to admit Smoke is a big failure?

4 years, not 1 freaking win in Omaha. Not acceptable at LSU. Maybe ULM, not LSU.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

5. clair

clair Rockets

Buddy, didn't you and I take up for Laval against the Tulane Nay-sayers just a week or so ago?

I like Smoke... a lot...

I am speaking for the mass...

6. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Rome is a jock sniffer. He tries to be all cool and talk like he's from Compton with "street cred." And I get real sick and tired of his bashing of people and sports fans in the South. Anyone who's outside of the great Los Angeles area is a homophobe, redneck. He's a locker room lurker!

Smoke = needs to revaluate his assistant coaches. Smoke has brought LSU to two CWS' and although I didn't like the way this year's team underachieved, they still won the west and beat some good teams. Smoke gets a pass for now.

Brady = next to Wayne Graham was the happiest man in Baton Rouge when Rice beat LSU in baseball. Because it took some of the focus off of him and put it on Smoke. Brady isn't well liked and if has a bad year will be gone.

The fear for me as an LSU fan is that we fall into a trap of settling for mediocrity. Now everybody's level of mediocrity is different. For me mediocrity in basketball is being happy with just making the NCAA Tournament. That's something schools like Nicholls, SLU and Northwestern are elated about, not LSU. In baseball, Skip set the bar high so mediocrity is not advancing out of a regional. In football this upcoming year, I'll be very disappointed if LSU is not in Atlanta competing for the SEC Title.

:geauxtige

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

You will get no respect until you admit you're an LSU fan. I know you're enrolled now.

Josh, You will never be taken seriously while you're working with Blake. You know that. If you really have a love for sports, as I think you do, go talk to the LSU SID. You will learn much more working inside that dept opposed to 1210am.
    btw, you can't trash LSU fans every single chance you get on the radio. Where will that get you at LSU or anywhere in BTR?

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Just say what you think, not what others think.

I am mighty disappointed that LSU is not playing this, weekend, but the reasons we are not there are many. Lane Mestepay's inability to regain his earlier form, Blake Gill's injury which screwed up our middle defense, Will Harris' sudden inability to hit consistently and with power, Stavinoha's year end slump, great performances from opposing pitchers, etc, etc. None of these were within the control of the coaching staff.

I tend to deal with what is rather than seeking out scapegoats. It's not my style to lash out at obvious targets in order to make myself feel better. The fact is that Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa could not have coaxed a CWS win out of this team. Smoke took us further than this team deserved to go when you factor in the above intangibles.

Smoke can coach and we are lucky to have him.

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

:thumb:

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

In regards to that, I dont "trash" anyone. I make observations. Recently I havent said anything about them. I dont think that it's fair to disrespect me b/c I'm not an LSU "fan". As I've said, Im from Missouri and I like to root for them. I'm not a die hard by any means but I dont think I should have to change my loyalties to get respect. Thats not really fair. This common misconception that I hate LSU is off base too. I support the Tigers. If they win super. I just dont sit in front of the T.V or at Tiger Stadium or wherever and go nuts when they score and stuff like that. But then again I dont really do that for any sports team. I'm more of a toned down sports watcher. I dont hate LSU. I go to LSU and I know the people here are great and LSU has great fans. But, I dont think its fair to disrespect anyone who isnt a Tiger fan. I thank you though crawfish for some good words though. I know that you used to really hammer me. So this is much better than that. :lsup: