Smoke....Brady......Miles.....the jury waits

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gerryv, Jun 16, 2005.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

you guys are too funny.......

makes moderating easy when I laugh so hard I can't push the delete or edit buttons. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

amazing what one new member, who I have no idea who he is, can make you all so crazy and cut throat. this is similar to the missed extra points last year, and everyone's disdain (for the most part) with ramah's posts about LSU football being dead now that Saban is gone and TE's out with Brady rants.

I love it! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You have a serious reading comprehension problem, my young friend.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Whoa..... :cry:. I'll give you advice once given to me: "Calm ...the ....**** ....down."

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Yo SF, I think this is the best thing you've posted since I've been here :hihi:. Seriously though, :thumb:. But, I still don't think we're "lucky" to have Smoke. IMO, I'd think we'd be lucky if we had Bianco, Tanner, Ron Delmonico, or [size=-1]Pat McMahon, but that's beside the point. As long as Smoke continues to keep LSU competitive in the SEC, which they HAVE been, I'll be happy.... I don't think anyone can disagree there either... we beat some GOOD teams this year..
    [/size]

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

None of whom are in the CWS.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Exactly, but they weren't LSU's failures so they get a reprieve I guess. And you're so right about watching the game son TV. The other night they kept showing Bianco and Garrido in the most tense game of the year for both teams. Garrido looked like he was about to fall asleep any second, Bianco just had a worried expression. Then you watch the great managers of all time like Cox and Torre, Bertman, Baker, etc and they are all doing the same thing, just sitting or standing still, watching the game unfold and thinking about their next decision.

I really believe most of the guys who post crap about Smoke's demeanor in the dugout expect him to be like Saban was instead of like Skip really was. Now if the guy doesn't bring us back to the CWS and win some games I'll be on his arse too, but it won't be because of how he acts in the dugout, it will be mostly because of the players they have brought in haven't performed well enough..

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Might want to check that again. Delmonico AND McMahon are both in the CWS.

And I'll bet you $5 right now that Bianco wins a CWS game before Laval does.
    His is an example of a program that's moving up.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I'd hold your horses on the Delmonico talk... on Conference Call they were saying if he hadn't had such a great year this year his job might be in jeopardy.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Oh, I wouldn't necessarily want Delmonico here...don't know what kind of a fit he would be, and we might not be any better off. Just pointing out that he is in Omaha. I'm a Bianco fan, myself.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its no fluke the team with the most ever players drafted in one year in Cal State Fullerton with 14!!! do not even make out of their own super regional and barely made it out of their regional beforehand. they were the defending CWS champs with a team full of cws experience.

Im glad skip didnt leave us that team and that had happened. cuz then it would be smoke's fault.

Maybe Smoke isn't the right guy for the job yet the above point proves its more about the players than the coach most of the time.