Smoke Laval Outcoached by Van Dorn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, May 17, 2003.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Smoke Laval Outcoached by Van Dorn? RIDICULOUS.

Who started this thread?

He must have been drinking and listening to the Saturday night game that we lost on the internet at the time.

2. BaumHog

BaumHog Freshman

Van Horn, not Van Dorn :D

But good point. I was sitting there at the game wondering why he changed pitchers before the PH'er was announced.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah. That was a dumb move by Smoke. He knew Sadler was going to walk the guy and force in the winning run. C'mon guys. You have 20-20 hindsight and your criticism is unwarranted. The bases were loaded with one out. The situation called for a strikeout regardless of who was at the plate. Sadler throws heat and that's why he was brought in. Jeez, you can't win every game. We clinched the night before and may have relaxed a bit. Enough with the criticism.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Jean, You don't know crap. If they hit the double play ball every thing is fine. LSU played terrible ball last night. They just couldn't get thier heads into it. Left 12 men on base. That is where we lost the game. Along with some real bad errors.

Some thing tells me that it want happen today.

5. Jean Lafitte

I don't know crap? I know better than to change pitchers before the other guys announce the pinch hitter. And the double base steal in the 10th?

The players aren't the only guys who relaxed last night. Coach Laval did, too.

Our pitching is a bit weak this year, it seems to me, Tigerfan. Or will you counterpunch by saying that I don't know crap? Let's hear your opinion, Mr. Genius.

PS Cous cous is mispelled in your signature, Mr. Genius.

6. SabanFan

Who's sensitive? And...it's coush coush. You both misspelled it.

7. Goodlifetiger

The starting rotatioin the pretty good. NO depth, but two of the best pitcher we have are injuried. I do believe Jean mite be a little sensitive.

8. Jean Lafitte

My spelling was closer.

What are the names of our best two pitchers who are injured? I forgot.

PS I'm not sensitive. I talk this way all the time, even to my best friends.

PSS THANK YOU TIGERS FOR WHIPPING THE HOGS IN THIS SERIES!!

PSSS WHERE ARE YOU NOW, BAUMHOG?? IT'S EASY TO POST AFTER A WIN, BUT WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

9. SabanFan

Re: My spelling was closer.

Mestepay and Wilson. If I'm not mistaken, we have them both next season. On paper, we should have an awesome pitching staff next year. Meier looked great today. Bumstead has been steady all year and Determan is going to be an All American before he leaves. And, I'm sure there are some JC studs just itching to put on the purple and gold and show their stuff in the Box. It's all good.

10. Goodlifetiger

Mestepay was all sec last year. And it will stay cos for personal reasons. It was that way when it went up and it will stay that way.

PS But thanks for trying to set this poor sole straight on spelling. Many others have tried, they also have failed.;