Smoke MUST Go

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by blaine, May 21, 2004.

1. blaine

blaine Freshman

Never mind

OK, that's it. I've backed Smoke all year. Why in the HELL was Mestepey still in in the 8th? I can't believe he left him in. We have a pretty good bullpen. He won't be because of Skip's loyalty, but Smoke's just GOT to be fired.

By the way, I have edited the title, but LSU sportsfreak, you're still an idiot. I come on here, admit I overreacted and you still bash me!! What else can I do?

2. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

Who might you want as the coach, mister omnipotent?

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Dude, don't you get it? Now that football is doing great, we're okay with mediocre baseball.

And if you believe that, I have a nice bridge in New York for sale... :lol:
    :eek:lefire:

5. blaine

blaine Freshman

You're an idiot!!! How long must we back this guy when his decisions are awful! Trust me, we won't come back to win the next two THIS weekend.

6. midtowntiger

midtowntiger Founding Member

Don't expect it to get any better!

Smoke is an average coach & can get the Tigers to the CWS from time-to-time, but you are right, Mestepy shouldn't have been back in the 8th, he has been too shaky all year long . This is too crucial a series. Then, you also have LSU with the most, or near the most, picked-off base runners. Why is that? Players need help from the coaches & they aren't getting it. The positive news is Mestepy was good for 7 & the hitting did well. Hopefully, the Tigers can take at least one of these games, but it would be a miracle to take the next two.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

What's going on everyone? The weather was ok today here around Baton Rouge... Still wish we could have good weather for longer periods of time though. You know how the weather here is in Louisiana tho... One minute it's sunny, the next minute its pouring down rain!!! Sorta like being a coach at LSU.. One minute the "fans" love ya, the next minute they want your head!

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Since you know so damn much I assume you are betting on Ole Miss for the next 2 games. I hope you lose your house.

:eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire:

9. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Whoa! I'm on your side here! That was SARCASM. I am thoroughly unimpressed with Coach Laval. But evidently coaching doesn't affect the way the guys play, according to others that post on this board. I just want to know why we pay coaches when the players are just as good without them?

10. midtowntiger

midtowntiger Founding Member

I have never thought much of Smoke's ability. He was average at NW La & he was Skip's 2nd choice. He can do o.k., but college athletics is big-time & you don't settle for 2nd best for too long, not when you have won 5 CWS's in the last 14 years & come close a few other times. Smoke got to the CWS on Skip's talent & recruitment, now these players are all his.