'Smoke'd Again?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TennesseeTiger, Apr 23, 2004.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

What in the world has happened to the baseball team? Another loss tonight to Tennessee? UT can't sell out their stadium even for the big series! This week a local sports talk radio station was giving away tickets to the UT-LSU series. All you had to do was walk into their office and ask. How can we lose to a team like that????? :tigbas: :tigbas:

2. lsu92

lsu92 Founding Member

Tennessee made 6 errors tonight. This losing is getting old fast!

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We're playing the ones on the field, not the ones in the stands. The ones on the field aren't that much better, though. 6 errors and we manage 6 runs. No clutch hitting and no pitching. We can't get anyone out. Doesn't look too good but I still have a feeling these guys are going to bust loose. We just need our starting pitchers to suck it up and shut these teams down.

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

we ain't gonna win nuthin as long as Smoke keeps dickin' with the lineup. Skip used to play the best nine, not the nine best and he played them everyday, leftie or rightie. This crap that Smoke does doesn't give anybody a chance to get in a groove. How can you lose to a team that commits 6 errors? What was the final and how many errors did we commit? I didn't get to hear the game tonight. Had the Saints on WWL.

Getting sickening! Looking like I won't have to worry about gas prices going t B'ham or Omaha.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

5. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

I agree that Smoke toys with the lineup way to much. Sometimes he has Gill batting 3rd and Zeringue batting 7th. At the beginning of the season he placed Gill in the 3 hole to give him some confidence. Call me crazy, but I always thought you had to earn that 3rd spot in the lineup.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Do watch that, O Dim!

Do watch that if to continue to be on line thou dost wish!

Being critical of Coach Laval is not permitted at this time on this board.

I predict that this unofficial TigerForums policy will change by this time during the 2006 season.

As always, I hope I'm wrong.

7. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

The season is far from over........ we will bounce back and play our best at the end of the season like we always do :tigbas: :champs:

8. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Being critical is always permitted. It's usually how things are said instead of what is said. That's the official company policy.

Now, how things are received by the members are another thing. ;)

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Why is ok to badmouth a coach but not a player (that isn't any good?)

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Correct. I was not referring to the moderators.

Some members believe criticism of Smoke is unfair and unwarranted. I respect their opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

As for the moderators, I think they do a fine job. Sometimes the mods seem to coddle the Baubie Dolls a bit, but, I could be biased.

:D