Snyder to remain at Ohio State (See Link)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Engineer, Jan 22, 2005.

1. LSU Engineer

LSU Engineer Unnamed Source

2. max

max Founding Member

This may be a good sign. This may signal that Miles has found his man. Remember Petrino pulling his name out just before Miles was announced because Petrino knew they were going with Miles. Miles may have let him know that he was going in a different direction. It doesn't matter about people turning Miles down like Garner or Snyder. There are over a hundred possible candidates to do this job. Miles should take his time and find one that he believes will be great. If you hear that Miles has chosen somebody in the next day or so, you will know why Snyder pulled his name out.

3. philter

philter Founding Member

What coaches? He's offered the job to two people so far as we know. One accepted the job, but finally backed out after Huizenga threw the bank at him...and the other is the current DC at another legendary university (co is really just a title...he controls the D).

Doesn't seem like we are getting dissed to me, but maybe that's just me and my 'non panicking' attitude.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Very interesting take on this and may well be possible. I agree that there are many options out there, esp. after the NFL season ends. Miles should never rush into any decision. :thumb:
    ________
    PAXIL SETTLEMENT

5. LSU Engineer

LSU Engineer Unnamed Source

I didn't know that Edwards accepted the job then backed out. If that is the truth then I can understand why it has taken so long. I don't see the other position filled until the D coordinator is selected.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

but according to Dandy Don, every day is the day that Miles has hired someone and is "reportedly going to make his announcement today" :hihi:

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

But I would like for him to at least announce the current staff (and each coach's precise position). I know he said he would wait to announce everyone when all the positions were filled, and I agreed with that. But that was before, when I thought that we would have no more than a week, to 2 week wait for all the positions to be finalized.