So a one loss SEC team should play for the NC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BigRig, Nov 6, 2010.

1. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

Just think, lots of people picked us to finish 5th in the west. The fact that this thread even exists is amazing.:miles:

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yep!

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

TCU, Boise State et al wouldn't be undefeated in the SEC because they don't have the depth to compete week in and week out. What happens if BSU loses 4 starters against Bama and has to play 4 Freshmen? They get their ass kicked, that's what?

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Because unless Auburn loses to Ga & Al we won't have a shot at the SECCG and if not Conf Champ hard to get to BCSNCG. (I know OU did in 03 but not again).

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Good point, but aside from AU, none of the others even have a CCG.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I don't think he is pushing for any one loss teams to be in the NC game,
    could be wrong but that's what I gathered from his comments.

8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I think Alabama had their chance to prove your point two years ago and didn't do so well. I can guarantee TCU has the depth to do whatever they need to do because they have already faced multiple injuries this year and have not missed a beat. No one has ever said they would be undefeated in the SEC but many years it is not required to be so. If you did not watch the game yesterday it is your mistake, I watched both, at the sametime on TV's that were side by side..............there is still a measurable difference in consisitent performance and balance AND coaching.:geauxtige

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I might would've agreed with that three or four years ago. Today, not so much. As their reputations have grown, TCU and Boise State have been able to recruit better talent. And their young pups get a lot of reps playing all that garbage time against the bottom half of their leagues.

This is not to say Boise State could just shrug it off if they lose Kellen Moore or Titus Young to injury, because they wouldn't. But Auburn wouldn't survive an injury to Cam Newton, so what's the difference?

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I disagree. TCU has 1, maybe 2 competitive games a year. The rest are what we call breathers. Any team can beat another in 1 game. TCU would not be #3 if they played in the SEC. Media and USA Today voters are infatuated with offense and blowouts. That's why the Frogs are ranked where they are.