So Damn Tired

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Oct 9, 2004.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

The one thing I don't understand about USC is that when USC squeaks by and statistically was outmatched, they are "overcoming adversity" or "perservering" while other teams who suffer the same problem have been "taken out of their comfort zone" or "exposed." Let's be realistic media! USC is not unbeatable and Stanford, Cal and BYU have all proven that this year.

2. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Game time atmosphere in L.A.? Please. The ONLY reason that the stadium was sold out is because the USC and CAL alums had to try to get a leg up on each other, plus USC is the pretend champ, plus L.A. doesn't have professional football anymore, plus...I could go on and on. USC football is the "in" thing right now, outside of the Dodgers and Angels.

3. Volmania

Volmania Founding Member

Having a California team involved in the National Championship race, probably increases college football television ratings across the board for the networks. Afterall 35 million people live in California, who probably don't normally care all that much about college football, but now that USC is in the NC mix interest & viewership have probably increased.

Georgia, Tennessee, LSU dropped dramatically in the polls with a loss; How far do you think USC will drop with their first loss? I think they would still be considered to be in the NC picture with one loss.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I think this is a trap game for USC this weekend. Arizona State has looked VERY good this year. I'd imagine if I'm ASU, I'm very pissed that I haven't gotten more respect from the polls. This could very well be a statement game for them. They've also had a bye week to prepare.

The flip side, USC has circled the game with Cal much the same way Georgia circled the game with us. Look what happened to Georgia the next week. They just didn't play with the same emotion. You also have to realize this USC team has had pretty much everything handed to them. I don't think they really see Arizona State coming. I will definitely be pulling for Arizona State this weekend, let's hope they look as good as they have so far this year.

5. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

Cal definately outplayed USC this weekend, and should've won that game. USC squeaked by Stanford, and are still #1? Please..... Their number is coming. If they do make it to the Orange Bowl, the real USC will finally surface to the country as they will get beat by a real team.