So glad we won't be with CBS much longer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rouxleaux, Nov 30, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yes it does. The OP was excited thinking it was over between CBS and the SEC.

One could dream.

2. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Gary Danielson is probably the most intelligent color commentator out there. He probably studies up on each matchup more than most others and knows all the plays. Having said that, he sometimes gets too into it and goes on a lot of soapboxes about stuff he believes. I don't mind Gary. Verne needs to hang it up though. He had a great career but he's only doing his job now because Gary is constantly picking up the slack for him

sunnyjim, Richdog and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Charles Davis seems to do his homework. Gary is good, and does talk too much

4. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

This. Brando always speaks positive of LSU.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I used to hate Gary, but he's definitely grown on me. I think my dislike stemmed from the perception that he didn't like us. He sees & points out little things very quickly, the "play within the play". I've really come to appreciate his insight and commentary.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Gary is OK, Verne is pathetic...where in Alabama is he from? But, CBS must really pressure them for the Alabama win. The broadcasts are really, really slanted. Having said that, the 2:30 start is the Devils spawn. Regardless of school, conference or network. Like it or not SEC football is NIGHT FOOTBALL. ACC FOOTBALL is afternoon football. That is how it should and always be.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Except for LSU SEC fb was always afternoon football.

8. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

The games have to start at 2:30. If they started at 7 the game wouldn't be over until 10:30 or 11:00 and that's waaaay past Verne's bedtime.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well that Auburn/Alabama game and the way LSU got beat pretty handily by Bama probably ensures a 2:30 kickoff for the Bama game @ Tiger Stadium next year.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I love these type of threads.

There's one question I've never seen answered.

Are you watching the game to hear what the broadcasters say or watching the game for the game itself? If a network, or a particular commentator, ends up that biased he'll eventually work himself out of a job. Watch where Clay Travis ends up...

Reminds me...

I do miss the "Three Daves." Ol' Dave Neal would make a casual viewer think Vandy just won a national championship when he would announce games.