So glad we won't be with CBS much longer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rouxleaux, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

I've been longing for the day when LSU can finally untether itself from CBS, for all the reasons you mention, and more.

The two commentators, who will go unmentioned, are severely incompetent. Their psychological symptoms of aging combined with a heaping of other deficiencies all combine to make for horrific coverage.

2. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

Might have to give it a whirl sometime. See if I can pick it up out here these days.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Back in the day before the internet got big and most of our games were not on tv a bunch of lsu fans used to drive to a hill south of Atlanta to drink beer together and listen to wwl. It was pretty cool.

KyleK and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

When I moved to Wichita Falls in 2001, WWL was my salvation. I would open all the windows on my truck in the back yard and crank it up. Drank beer like a sonofabitch and dared the city prosecutor (who lived next door) to say anything. Every time we scored, I'd fire off aerial grenades (illegal to posses fireworks in WF). They finally moved ;) I converted a lot of texans to LSU :)

cajdav1 likes this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I'll have to try those methods:) I've succeeded in getting my crazy ass, tree-hugging (literally) neighbor to move, but for different reasons and different strategies.

cajdav1 and KyleK like this.
  6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I think Gary's gotten a lot better over the past couple of seasons. It seems like he used to just pile it on (whatever was happening in the game), but lately, he seems to make a lot of good observations or point out what he thinks may be happening next (and he's often right). I prefer Blackledge, but if we could just swap Verne for Brando, I'd be happy. I think Nessler & Blackledge are the best duo in CFB, fwiw, but they're ESPN property.

No one is worse than Petros, though. Good gried that dude is terrible. Doesn't even deserve to be in the booth with Matt V.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    lsudolemite and TigerTap like this.
  7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Ah, breakfast with the Daves. Fret not, Dave Neal still does every early game, along with Andre Ware, who may even be better at that than Neal.

They do the Saints broadcasts too...

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

This. By and large he's cut out a lot of the snarky BS he used to pepper his analysis. The only problem I still have with him is his tendency to pick one player each season and hype the ever-living hell out of him, regardless of whether his team is even playing the game he's calling. In 2007 it was Tebow, 2011 was Mathieu, last year was Manziel, and this year it's McCarron.

How many times has he said regarding the Bama/A&M game: "Nick just took A.J. and told him we need you to make a play, and he did it." Wow, why the hell didn't I think of that? I could be making millions as a college HC right now.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

All I know is CBS better not fuck us over next year on the Bama game.