So here we go again!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Dec 9, 2013.

1. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Welcome Hawker......you see here we actually allow posters from other schools to post and discuss what your feelings on the game will be, not like at hawknation. I like to visit the other sights and get and give a little insight on the two teams. So discuss with us what you think Iowa's streegnths are, outside of your lb'ers that everyone knows about, give us some names and numbers to look out for.

TigerTap likes this.
  2. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Auburn developed as the year went along. LSU got them early when they were less experienced and still tying up loose ends on offense. The Auburn team that beat Bama and Missouri is a different team than the one Miles saw early in the season.

Can someone who beat Iowa in the season, claim to be better than LSU, should Iowa pull out a victory in the Outhouse Bowl?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  3. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Everyone keeps saying that, and I agree with it to a certain point.....but match up wise LSU always defends those type of offenses better....the spread offenses with mobile qb's lsu always performs better against, lsu has the athletes across the board to handle that...assignment football is when lsu's defense is at it's best, it's the line up and run right at you power football teams that give lsu fits....especially this year. we are weakest right up the gut...run right at our lb'ers.

didit and TigerTap like this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

You forgot to put blame on the weather.

The same team that had to beat uga how?

LSU the only team to beat JF (HTW) and a&m twice.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    didit, StaceyO and TigerTap like this.
  5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

1. Our three tight ends, who are often all in at the same time. Fiedorowicz, Hamilton and Duzey...at 6'7", 6'5" and 6'4". Duzey is the fastest and Fiedorowicz the biggest. My guess is Fiedorowicz will see the most balls, as he is the senior in the group and Ferentz likes to "highlight" the seniors in bowl games. All three guys are excellent blockers. When you see the one tight end go motion right to left, you can almost count on us running the sweep to the left. Everyone knows it's coming, just very hard to stop. If you don't break through the zone blocking on that play, we're gonna get a nice gain.
    2. Brandon Scherff. He plays left tackle, but will be a guard in the pros. He's 6'5", 315 lbs and can hand clean 410 lbs. The players call him Paul Bunyan. He takes out the DE on our sweeps left. You'll see some pancakes.
    3. Jake Rudock. Our sophomore qb out of Ft. Lauderdale, who led St. Thomas Aquinas to two Florida state championships. He's really grown up as the season progressed. He can move some in the pocket, run some, and seems to have limited his early mistakes. Nothing flashy, just manages the game. You need to get some pressure on him to break his rythum.
    4. Watch our O-line. If you can make us depart from our zone blocking scheme to pulling guards, it's a good sign for you.
    5. Our running backs are complimentary to what we do. Mark Weisman is a bull... strictly a head-on runner with little flash. Canzeri has some moves and some speed. Neither are Shonn Greene.

gynojunkie and LSUDad like this.
  6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Blame the weather? Not sure where you trying to going with that.

The same way they beat Bama right?

Further, how can you bring in last season into this season? Beating Johnny Manziel last season has nothing to do with results this season.

EDIT: Oh the fact that LSU defenses read option better than hard nose running game.

7. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

With us....it all starts with or RB's.....and yes multiple rb's.......best of the bunch is #33 jeremy hill.....a true NFL back....big ...strong...fast...good hands......terrance magee #14 has been hot as of late.....not quite as big around the 215 range....but very quick first step....good hands also....full back # 43 connor neighbors is a tough one....has really come into his own the last three games.....he will lay the lumber and open up holes.

Two wide recievers that are high NFL picks.....best tandem in college game......both have great hands.....both have over 1000 yards for the season!
    #3....beckham....fastest.....# 80 landry.....best hands (megatron-fitzgerald) type hands.

Our QB is a true freshman ......looking like he will be a very good one...will find out more 1-1-14!! very athletic....can run....can throw!

Defensively.....our two d-ends are ok....not great....get sucked inside too much, but good pass rushers, two DT's are very good....especially # 9 ego.....both DT's are NFL guys. Secondary is very young.....but very very talented! Our LB'ers.....are week...especially in the middle.

If LSU shows up fired up and ready to play......it will be tough for Iowa....if not, could be tough day for LSU.

I've come to expect....that if LSU is fired up early.....we can beat just about anyone.....if not.....we let everyone hang around much longer than they should!!

any way.....good luck to you...thanks for the info......and best of luck!!

Hawker45 likes this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

That was another excuse used, weather. It had to be something, LSU can't beat gus.

In the 4 years gus has been at au, LSU has outscored his offense 128-65, only this year, we have a true OC.

didit and TigerTap like this.
  9. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I could have swore that LSU hap to play in the same weather that Auburn did.....and I was at that game. Maybe I missed something. I did have a few sips.

gynojunkie, LSUDad and TigerTap like this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I know, but this was one thing people were saying. Many said once the weather cleared up in the second half, auburns offense started to get moving. But some forgot, LSU played a number of backups that second half.

Oh, I did get to ask a friend of mines daughter, "Refresh my memory again, who was the only team to beat auburn this year?" Shes and AU grad.

An I did have a few sips also. Ok, a larger Margarita.

Herb and TigerTap like this.