So here we go again!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

It's still God's country, as they say. I got back up there to see two of our losses. That was pretty exciting. Our high point this season was being down 21-7 to Michigan at the half, then coming back to beat them. Most thought we couldn't play from behind. It was such good news that it pushed the story about the silo fire in Cedar Falls right off the front page.

Yep, your fans are a little spoiled and our fans pray for the day they can be spoiled, too. For us a "tailspin" was going 4-8 last year and missing a bowl. For you, it sounds like going 9-3, 5-3 in conference was an event of tragic proportion. I feel your pain!!!

StaceyO and Bayou Bengal11 like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Iowa, Michigan, and Michigan State are the only big 10 teams I have any respect for.

Kal-El012 likes this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My husband's high school friend, Merton Hanks, played for Iowa in the late 80's. I guess you guys are okay, Hawker...

Hawker45 likes this.
  4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Damn, your list is longer than mine....lol.

tOSU, quite frankly, has caused the B!G (that's how we say Big Ten now) a tremendous amount of disrespect by getting slaughtered by the super human, faster than the speed of light, athletes in the SEC in the championship games. I hate Tressel for that. He oughta be fired and put in time-out for about three years!! Oh, wait.....

I think since the BCS got rolling in 1998, the B!G (see above) is 8-8 in the Capital One games, with 8 of those games decided by a touchdown or less.... 6-10 against the SEC in the Outback, with 8 of those games decided by a TD or less, the 2-1 in the Music City games we played since '98 and 1-2 in the Gator Bowl games..... so other than tOSU embarassing the world, the rest of the league has fairly okay. In other words, "the rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated".

Obviously, no league can match what you've done at the top of the totem pole....

If I do have a gripe about the SEC, it's when one of the teams does that S-E-C chant after victories. I find this quite unfair to the B!G (see above again), because it's simply something we can't do. Everyone knows it take three letters (or syllables) to do a good chant, ala U-S-A in the olympics.
    It makes no sense to just yell "Big Ten" three times.... it has no rhythm. I guess we could yell B-T-N, but who wants to cheer for a TV network. The ACC could do a A-C-C chant, but given it's only done after big wins, that would present a real problem for them.

There. I'm glad I finally have this off my chest. I feel better.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    LSUTyga73 and LSUDad like this.
  5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

This is one of the best and most amusing posts I've read in a while. Good job hawker

LSUDad and Hawker45 like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My theory on Urban Meyer is that he is Satan. He will never win another national championship, because the heavens will not allow it. The only reason he won 2 at Florida is because the lord's second begotten son played on that team and it balanced out the evil.

Hawker45 likes this.