So Here's What I Like About Coach Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Uncle Milty, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

I said some things earlier in other threads, that were somewhat critical of the job that Coach Miles does. But here's something I really like about the guy. (And why I hope he stays around a long time.)

He's the only coach of a major football power in this country, that at least gives the appearance of a. - enjoying what he does for a living, and b. of a guy who doesn't take himself that seriously.

I think that Spurrier, Saban and Meyer all look like they've just had teeth pulled whenever they have to face the press. Les looks to me like he's still enjoying the ride. I think that's pretty cool.

2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I like that he had the balls to say "I don't give a rats a$$ what they say".

That's my kinda guy!!

3. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Is there anyone who is keeping a list of Miles' classic lines?

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

There is a website...The Quotable Les Miles

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

"just another day in the SEC"

see ya

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

His post-game interview was absolutely priceless. Let me paraphrase what he was really trying say; he absolutely does not give a rip what the media, the pundits, the boosters, the fanbase, or the general public thinks.

His attitude is; "I run my football team how I run my football team. I'm 57-15, 4-1 in bowl games, with an SEC and nationa title. We're 6-0 and ranked in the Top 10 and you boo us. What the Hell? You don't like me, you don't like how I coach, fine! Pay me $15 million to go away and I'll go away. I'll laugh all the way to the bank. Ain't no sweat off my back. But while I coach this team, you can STFD and STFU."

Truth be told, that's exactly the kind of coach we need. It's the only kind of coach that can withstand the pressure of this job, this environment, and thrive; the second you let the fan base in your head, your goose is cooked here.

Now if only he'd play the right quarterback!

7. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

What I like is the way his teams play so hard for him and never give up. I love being a team that can come from behind and win. I also like the way he recruits. The hat is nice too. :)

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Yep.

He has this one great coaching trait that his detractors can never understand. He's a real leader...his players will play their hearts out for him under all circumstances.

Like their coach, the players could give a rats a$$ about the negative fanbase. They had to circle the wagons against the negatigers and the negamedia...and they BEAT Florida.

What a team statement. :thumb:

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

What I like about Les was shown in the stands at a baseball field in Omaha. He takes the time to go support his 2 guys. You can see love in him for his kids and they know that. They know he has only good in him for them. They are not a piece of a football team but a part of his family.

That is what makes coach unlike the Sabans of the world. Anyone that has been around Nick will tell you he is a complete jerk. Les Miles is a good loving father that people around him love.

Sometimes the loving guys can't win football games but Les can.

Geaux Tigers

10. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Get both quarterbacks to have that attitude and lead this team.