So, If Miles would listen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LEGACY TIGER, Dec 16, 2009.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Who would you suggest to him to hire as the new OC?

Who would you have suggested that he have hired for the new RB and WR coaching positions?

Who would you suggest he hire for the new OL coach?

Lastly what would be your starting lineup for next season?

These questions are not to be used to insult or ridicule the choices that Miles has made, just for those who are college football guru's to give a little insight as to what their perfect coaching staff and players would be.:geaux:

2. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

I like the 2 hires he made already. I also think he did a good job of cleaning house on the Defense last year. Chavis was a little more conservative than I had hoped for, but still, a good hire.

If I knew Paul Petrino was for sale, he would have been a nice pick up. I am ok with Gonzalez running the offense. Letting him be the OC, and then hiring a QB coach would be ideal after letting the virus Crowton go.

If I understand correctly, Brian Kelly was a defensive coach at Cincy. So, bringing in the their OC would be a thought. He clearly knows how to handle his talent. Their backup QB looked much better than our starter.

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

For OC and/or QB coach, I vote for Peyton Manning. Or Bill Walsh. Or Sean Payton. Someone like that.

4. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

Starting on D

DL - Josh Downs and Drake Nevis as DT's and Sam Montgomery plus either Edwards or Chancey

LB - Shepard, Baker, Minter

DB - Peterson, Eugene on the corners and Jones and Loston at the safeties

Offense

I saw someone else write this, but it is what I am already thinking. Have JJ and Ridley in the shotgun and run Shepard in motion. Can't go wrong with those 2 and also sprinkle in some Ford.

WR's - Tolliver and Randle (with Hunter as the 3rd)
    TE - Peterson

not sure about the O line.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

With the way Peyton Manning can look at a defense and succesfully pick it apart before snapping the ball... he'll be a great OC one day, but prolly not in the college ranks.

6. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Let's see.......Manning and Payton aren't available and Walsh is dead so my vote goes to Walsh. Every week Miles can have a seance to get the game plan but I'm afraid we are going to have a lot more delay of game penalties in the meercat but it should be fun watching them trying to make the trancendental connection as the play clock winds down.:popcorn:Good times!

1 person likes this.
  7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

No, no, no.. you've got it all wrong. At any moment we can fire Miles and replace him with Bill Cowher and at any moment we can have Peyton Manning be our QB coach and Bill Walsh (we will pay to have him risen from the dead) or Sean Payton be our OC... at least according to the line of thinking of some.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Maybe we could trade Oregon back... their current OC for their past OC. And we could throw in Stud to pad the offering. 2 for 1.

9. dmeaux

dmeaux Founding Member

I just wish Miles would pay atttention during the game - dude zones out all the time and gets bogged down with dwelling on the last play.

I'm still not convinced on Chavis as being a good hire and fit.

1 person likes this.