So, is Randell still the QB of the futrue?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfan, Oct 26, 2002.

1. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

First, I'm responding to an earlier post about the quality of QB's recruited by Saban. I agree that the cubbard is bare from what we've seen so far this season. I don't think it's all coach Sabans fault. It goes back further than coach Saban. Six losing seasons followed by three winning seasons, followed by two losing seasons, followed by two winning seasons + this point of the current season. Our football season is like the stock market. We all hope stability has finally been established and a reflection of that is the QB's that have verbally committed. "Matt Flynn" rated the best in Texas. "Lane" the #1 or #2 QB in the nation, depending on the source. I don't think we should back off Jamarcus R. from Mobile, AL., because Lane may do like Booty. That is my thoughts on QB recruiting.

As for todays game, I admit we got our a$$ handed to us no excuses. I don't believe Clausen is going to make it at LSU. He does not have the arm strength to be a deep passing threat. I believe we will land another leader like Davey. We have to play this season with what we have. We can not win the West with a QB that plays well only in TS. Rohan went into Tennessee early last year and played well. Sure we lost that game, but the team played well enough to win, and we didn't have a defense like we have now. The decisions by Marcus today was pathetic. Leaving him in was not going to build his confidence. Leaving him in there after 24-0 was and did kill the teams confidence. Bring up the next in line. Harrison or Lester. Marcus may get better with experience and inexperience is part of growing. Marcus also knows that the QB is and must be the firing plug in the engine, everything good and bad centers around that leadership. The defense cannot stay on the field like they did today and continue to hold a team out of the endzone. AU made only one drive to the endzone or red zone that was not setup from four "count them" four Marcus piss poor decisions. Two of them should have been thrown away for sure. I'm 1000+ miles from the game and could see the blitz coming and he is 6 yards away and didn't see it and could not or would not throw the ball away early. Rule #1-if its not there...don't throw it up for grabs, don't take the sack...throw the ball away. Rule #2-Never attempt to throw the ball through the hands of a lineman. Rule #3-when in doubt...refer to rule #1. I agree that Bradie played hard for four quarters. I disagree that he is the only one that played hard. Did anyone see Clayton run down the runner with one of the Marcus poor decisions? He could have quit but he didn't. You can only rally around a teammate so many times when he is killing your chances. I know many of you could see it in DD's eyes in the huddle. I believe DD can only do so much. Early on he had TD returns called back for violations totally out of play. IF DD played for Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and especially ND, he would be a top candidate for the HT. Don't get me wrong..I love LSU and the Tigers. It kills me when we lose..if Marcus would have thrown those balls away, I could not complain. Without those poor decisions and not counting AU's last possession, its a 14-7 game.