Military So ISIS & the Middle East

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Aug 29, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So I was watching some video on LiveLeak (don't go there if you don't want to see gross killings) about all the terrible things going on in Iraq and Syria and it made me think of what could actually even happen here in the states.

I feel secure as is I feel most Americans do who live in a decent town/city, but where does our security really come from? Our guns? Freedom?

In watching whats going on over there, I just couldn't imagine be as helpless as some of those guys. People are literally running around blowing up kids, beheading people for god knows what dumb-ass reasons, and so on.

I feel like the 2nd amendment very much still has a purpose for America and I am not talking about every day life.

gyver and Bengal B like this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Of course you can't imagine it because you are NOT helpless or weak. Terrorists use fear to prey on the weak. They can be herded like cattle and do nothing. That is not America. Those cowards don't really want to face what we got in trained military and I don't think they want what they would find in folks like you.

Can you really see hundreds of Americans stripping to their drawers and walking helplessly to their own slaughter while being forced to utter prayers in arabic or anti-American slogans? Phuck no.

We need to cut the head off the snake.....

gyver likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I just don't get it. Religion aside, why are they like that? Why are they so jacked up in the head?

Sure we have a few nut jobs here that would do that, but I mean for the most part, we are sane.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We sit in our wonderland behind our oceans and become ignorant of what the rest of the world has always looked like. Even the genteel Europeans and Japanese were committing genocide and mass atrocities less than 80 years ago. That kind of lawlessness cannot happen here. What we have is too good to screw up. Far more foreigners come here and see the light than islamists bent on making pressure cooker bombs. Islamic terror will always be pinpricks on a real scale, no matter how much it enrages us. Not even 9/11 came close to critically damaging us, much less defeating us.

We can't get upset and overreact to the bravado of these chumps. There is no need to be rash. We find the right targets at the right time. Make a measured response focused on fucking ISIS up with minimal human cost to ourselves. No unrealistic goals, like exterminating them to the last man. Just refocus their goals on something besides messing with American interests. ISIS has been so politically stupid that their Arab financiers are backing away and Al Qaeda dumped them. Even the silly-ass Europeans are starting to get annoyed and involved.

ISIS logistics are fragile and vulnerable. They cannot support themselves with agriculture, they mostly control desert. They are surrounded by enemies. They are landlocked, sanctioned, and barricaded. It's probably in our interests to just let them get weaker before taking what action works best for us. The Turks, The Saudis, the Jordanians, The Kurds, and the Iraqis all have a piece of this. Make them step up to the plate and do the ground work.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Saw the Foley live leak video and that wasn't a beheading. That was a butchering. He sawed that dude's head off with a fucking knife. These bastards have no concern for life, they could have at least given him a clean death with a sharp sword, but sawing the dude's head off with a knife? I hope they eradicate every ISIS fucker out there.

gyver, GregLSU and tigerchick46 like this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Don't kid yourselves it could happen here. I'm not talking about some foreign crazies like ISIS...Red is pretty much right that they could only be pin pricks at worst. What you see in the ME is a loss of confidence in the fabric of society. We have the same extremes in the very extreme right and left who advocate violence. Yes Red the extreme left such as Anonymous was sending assistance to the rioters in Ferguson and leftist extremists are behind the riots against the IMF etc that take place here. There is just as violent extreme right wing. They would either side be as brutal as we see in Syria.

It is the strong center that holds us together and keeps the crazies at bay. It doesn't (never) exist in the ME so when a government even Assad or Saddam or Mubarak's breaks down the purported center are a bunch of sheep.

Say it can't happen here??? Just look at the wild west in Kansas and Arizona in the 1880s or the lynchings that lasted until WW2 (not just in the south BTW). Say it is only in the ME??? Look at Bosnia & Serbia etc good Catholics butchering Muslims. Or the English & Irish killing each other with glee until the 1990s.

We are far from it happening here. There is too much history and too great a percentage of people see the worth of and demand/support that our institutions of justice remain strong and hold back the tides of chaos. However over time if we allow the extremists of either side to gain a standing or if we lose our middle class ethic what happens there can happen here. That is why though I criticize the president and disagree with him he is my president and I honor the office. I support our institutions even if I am disturbed by republican obtuseness and intransigence and a more politicized SCOTUS. That is why the militarization of police forces bothers me and I am uneasy about many of the 9/11 laws. We need a vibrant society with debate and discussion and the wealth and capacity make ourselves better in the mold of the constitution and declaration of independence. Trying to carry those ideals into action are what made us great and keeps us from the chaos and barbarism we see in the ME.

gyver likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What we need is more Muslims standing up against these ISIS bastards. More Muslims speaking out against them, protesting them. They are a scourge, and need to be exterminated.

8. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

It's the only thing these savages understand, I've said it before we are at war with Islam whether we choose to acknowledge it or not, they hate our guts and frankly I feel the same way. We can just sit here all cozy behind our oceans and wait for the next 9/11 or pull all our troops out, press a few buttons and eradicate the whole lot of em like the filthy rats they are. It's us or them, face it, I don't care about the "innocent" caught in the crossfire and neither do they. It worked on the Japanese......now they are one of our Allies and there is a sushi joint on every corner in America.

gyver, GregLSU and shane0911 like this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Get real. There are 2.2 billion muslims! All but about 50,000 of them really only care about having a job and raising their kids. Most of the radicals have a local agenda of fighting each other for the most part, or Israel or India.

They may piss us off a lot but they are no threat to our existence. This Rambo fantasy shit about nuking them all is ridiculous. There aren't enough nukes in the world to do it and it solves nothing and creates a a world war.

It's not about Islam, it's about radical jihadists with an international agenda. There are less than 5,000 of them, hiding around the world in various cesspools. We must focus on them and just forget the other ragheads.

This currrent hysteria about American jihadists coming home and shooting up a mall or something does not call for another foreign war! The FBI and law enforcement can handle that shit just like they handled the Boston Marathon Bombings.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Bla bla bla....

I am real and my eyes are open, maybe yours will be too one day......hopefully not at the expense of a bunch more American lives.

Bengal B likes this.