Military So ISIS & the Middle East

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Aug 29, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Excuse me? You didn't hear somebody advocate genocide against all of Islam? You can't see the comparison?

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

You do know what Godwin's Law is I presume. The comparison is silly. Jews were not beheading innocent people and babies. They didn't have a leader advocating the eradication of all non-Jews. There were no Jews silently accepting any such thing. If anything you could compare German citizens to all the allegedly 2 billion innocent muslims who do nothing to actually fight terrorists.

Seriously. Think about that. If even a fraction of those 2 billion "nice" muslims would get together, they could destroy isis in a day. But they don't. They are cowardly and some even approve but won't say that either.

3. red55

"Godwin's law" is not a law or even a logical fallacy. It is a memetic, notable for sidestepping the traditional concern with the truth of ideas and beliefs and focusing only on their success. Godwin's law itself is often abused as a distraction or even censorship, fallaciously miscasting an argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate.

Neither is Islam. You conflate a religion with Islamic terrorists. I have no problem with exterminating Islamic terrorists wherever they exist. But the comparison of religious genocide and ethnic cleansing to earlier examples is obvious.

I simply pointed out the utter foolishness in Atilla's advocating the genocide of 2 billion muslims, including the innocent. It's a waste of resources, utterly impossible, as well as the most un-American suggestion I have ever heard.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Why not lace their water supply with some kind of impotence drug so they can not procreate?

Bengal B likes this.
  5. red55

Isn't it much simpler and more effective to just kill the terrorists?

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

2 birds with 1 stone. Stop their ability to breed more extremists, then annihilate them.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Or litter ISIS with Playboy and Hustler magazines... make them have to gouge their own eyes out. If they can't see they can't fight.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Just give them a few herds of syphilis infected sheep

GregLSU likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think most of them really approve of that shit but they are not going to tell me "Death to America" when I buy a Slurpee and a hot dog.

tirk and GregLSU like this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No shit.

That's a lot of words to say, "if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism."

My point stands. The Holocaust and any eradication of muslims in the ME are not the same. Lots of dead religious folks would be the only thing in commmon.