Military So ISIS & the Middle East

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Aug 29, 2014.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

It will get very real when they do it to us first......I'm quite sure we have the capability to bomb the entire region, might take a few atom/nuke's but I'm confident there is enough in the U.S. arsenal to do it a few times over, but who knows maybe your president gave them all to Iran already.......I may be a "nut job" for thinking like this but I'm just trying to look through the same lenses as our enemies, it's all they understand. There is no politically correct white glove way to fight these Muslim lunatics. Any other discussion is just more waste of time, our money, our soldiers and our civilian lives. If I had to choose between saving you or sparing what is perceived as innocent Muslim lives, I choose you every day of the week.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hey, I understand the emotion, darlin'. This shit can make us angry. But job 1 is to distinguish who the enemy is and who he ain't. And no, we do not have the military resources or the money to carpet bomb a quarter of the planet. Not with nuclear weapons, nerve gas, or anything short of Captain Kirk using photon torpedoes. Moreover, it would be severely misplaced anger. Genocidal fantasies might address the problem, but would bankrupt us, create far worse problems, make us more enemies, weaken us, and make us surpass Hitler for atrocities.

Overreach like that is exactly why the Roman Empire fell and the British Empire fell. Likewise as much as this terror shit pisses us off, they have no capability to actually cause us our downfall. They CAN lure us into causing our own. Those two wars that your president started and couldn't finish almost bankrupted us and it was a huge Christmas present to bin Ladin, whose aim all along was to bankrupt us and bring create more enemies for us from the muslims that never much gave a shit until we went onto their turf and starting breaking things and killing people. There are a lot of rags that look at things exactly like you. Black and White, no shades of gray, us or them.

This will be a long fight, but targeting the actual terrorist perps, turning the non-islamist muslims to 21st century thinking, and using our economic clout. If we are smart, we can have our cake and eat it too.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not carpet bombing but here's one way of doing it. Play some music. Scares the hell out of the dune coons and the boys will love it. Ride of the Valkeries was great for the movie but with the advanced weapons we have now I would recommend something like Highway to Hell or Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

And when they are all dead, well, there ain't no surfing in the sand but still you gotta love that smell in the morning

4. tigerchick46

When they hit us with some sort of WMD first, I'll be the one in the corner saying "I told you so", just a matter of time as their numbers and influence grow daily......

5. red55

So what do you offer as a practical solution other than what we are doing? We already hit them hard militarily wherever we can locate them and use economic clout to rob them of funding. WMD's are not easy to find, make, or deliver or it would have happened already. Carpet bombing the cities of a country will not prevent small groups of terrorists from surviving in the mountains and deserts. Best to focus on finding those hideouts and slamming them. It has worked to prevent any more 9/11 style incidents. These scattered shoot-em-ups piss us off but they don't even match the shoot-em-ups that our own nut jobs commit year after year. It's not something to panic about.

We may need new strategies to combat islamists that are living here with green cards or citizenship status. One may be to tighten up visas for Europeans who have always had easy access to America and institute more rigorous background checks. Of course they will do the same to us.

6. tigerchick46

I don't know how much more basic I can lay it out for you, I'll hold your hand and walk you through it this time. Next time you ask what my "practical solution" is refer to this, my opinion won't change. Spare me the monolog of why it's not practical to you, I'm not asking. I care, said no one ever.

1. We are at war with Islam, so is the rest of the world, declare it.
    2. Start bombing the fuck out of them, the bigger the bombs the better. I don't care about their kids or "innocent" there are too few of them to be concerned with, you win way more than you lose.

7. red55

Did you learn nothing at all from the Iraq and Afghan wars? Are you learning nothing in Syria? What did all of that military action accomplish . . . JACK SHIT. It created more problems.

1. We are not at war with a religion, Ellie May. We are at war with islamist terrorists and we are already bombing the fuck out of militants and terrorists. Bombing the fuck out of beduin civilians accomplishes nothing but wasting our resources.
    2. We cannot bomb our way into anything like a victory against guerrillas.
    3. Even with ground troops we could not control Iraq. The Muslim world is too big to take it all on, especially since most of it doesn't give a shit about us or the terrorists. More waste.
    4. Your solution is childish, naive, impractical, and utterly impossible.

Just so you know.

8. tigerchick46

Stop, "if my answers frighten you, you should cease in asking scary questions" Jules Winfield...
    We haven't bombed them like I want to bomb them, go re-read my post and stop spewing....and we are at war Michael Moore.

9. red55

Thank you for the bimbo perspective.

10. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Nice personal attack...