Military So ISIS & the Middle East

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As Yemen falls into chaos the president's earlier assertion that it was a model for his anti terror campaign shows it to be a hollow and feckless one.

tirk likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It has definitely been a model for the anti-terror campaign. AQAP has been hit hard in Yemen and they are not the force that is challenging the Yemeni government. The Iranian-backed Houthi rebels from North Yemen are Shia and Al Qaeda and Iran have never gotten along. They only share an enemy in the US but despise each other. The Saudis absolutely loath them and have cut off all aid to Yemen, which was their biggest source of income.

This civil war is far older than Al Qaeda. North and South Yemen were two countries before 1990 and the union has never been comfortable or gracious. The Sunni/Shia conflicts around the Middle East are growing and that struggle divides the anti-US groups rather than bringing them together against us.

Our bases for hitting Al Qaeda in Yemen have always been sea-based and that will not change. Without a friendly government to keep happy, it frees us to be even more aggressive in hitting Al Qaeda there. It will be very difficult for Iran under sanctions to deliver goods to the Houthis past the US Navy or through friendly Saudi Arabia or Oman. Iranian resources are stretched pretty thin right now trying to supply Hezbollah against ISIS and Israel, Islamic Jihad and Hamas against Israel, Al Qud against Sudan, the Houthis against Yemen, and the Iraqi Shia against ISIS. This is something that we can exploit.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

4. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

tigerchick46 likes this.
  5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Wait do you mean storing them in Guantanamo then releasing them back into the wild doesn't get these extremist, who just happen to ALL be Islamic in line? Well damn, I would have thought this little skirmish in the desert would only last a few weeks......seriously though this is great news, to bad our little coward Muslim in the White House has little pills instead of the brave balls to do something like this.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

She gone. Hanged. Plus an aide to Zarqawi.

I just can't imagine what that pilot endured. Truly evil. God forbid an American pilot is captured. It would be, IMO, the element that would result in boots.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Finally, the turning of the tide.

Jordan's execution of muslim terrorists is a huge deal. Enough was finally enough. One was a woman, even better.

Now to get everyone on board to kill these bastards.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

tigerchick46 likes this.
  9. tigerchick46

Only reason I like this post is because there isnt a LOVE option.......

Couple of my favorites quotes....

"180,000,000-300,000,000 Muslims who want to see the destruction western civilization....15-25% of Muslims are radical"....to all the blind out there it's not just a few hiding in caves and sandboxes.

She couldn't say this enough and I love it

"The peaceful majority are irrelevant"

10. tigerchick46

Here's the video of what the Jordanian pilot endured.......which I think all of western civilization should see......I would suspect ISIS will impale someone next.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/40305839...ideo-isis-burns-hostage-alive/?#sp=show-clips