News So Mettenberger is on his Official visit this Saturday night....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Nov 16, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Kind of the same play, but the formation and execution were totally different.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes and where was it the first 10 games this season?

3. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

Okay thanks for everyone who participated in this hypothetical thread.

Just to sum it all up. J. J. definately stepped up and had one of his best games both throwing and running that he has ever had as a Tiger. So after last nights "explosion" I am going with answer B.

Here's another quote from Sundays Advocate about ZM's visit last night...

"The junior’s best performance of the year came on the same day LSU hosted Zach Mettenberger, a junior-college quarterback the Tigers hope to sign at the end of the year.

With his 6-foot-5 frame and his rocket arm, Mettenberger may be just what LSU needs.

Maybe.

But if he continues to play as he did in Saturday’s home finale, Jefferson might make it hard for anyone to unseat him."

4. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

I think A&M is out of the picture now. The team that is pulling on him the hardest right now is Ole Miss. His grandfather is from Meridian and an Ol' Miss grad, plus the thought of being able to seek advice from the Mannings may have some appeal for him. He definitely has a Sunday arm and how whichever team he chooses can help him get to the NFL is going to guide his choice. Another potential problem with him choosing LSU is that he is a drop-back type qb and you guys run the read-option offense a lot.

I'll tell you this: Zach had a good time last night and really felt the love. Both Zach's dad and I see LSU as his best opportunity, but I really don't know what his decision is going to be. Hopefully, right now he is concentrating on the upcoming JUCO NC game against Navarro, TX on Dec. 5th.

I'm really pulling hard for you guys. And I'll say it again: Zach is a really fine kid. He made one really, really, really dumb mistake, but believe me, he's paid the price, learned the lesson, and moved on.

Good luck.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Thanks for passing us along useful info on him and his recruitment.

2 questions:

Does he plan on visiting many other places? (Keep hearing stuff about Arkansas)

We do you see him committing? Seems like he would want to be apart of bowl game preparations.

6. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

If we don't get Mettenberger, other than Rivers (who I belive is a committ), who else is there?

:geauxtige

7. dudley

dudley oops!

We run the read option lot because Jordan Jefferson is not that much of a drop back passer, but is finally able to move the offense using the read option a lot. If we had a drop back passer we would have a drop back offense. Matter of fact when Lee is in, our offense is drop back oriented, sometimes successful sometimes not.

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I does seem mandatory we get 2 QB's this year. JJ and JL both graduate after next season.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I doubt we have to worry too much about not landing him but Bridgewater and Brissett are both in play and more than most think. Mett is the top target no doubt though.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No, did you?