News So Mettenberger is on his Official visit this Saturday night....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Nov 16, 2010.

1. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

I don't talk to Zach at all, but I talk with his dad frequently. I've heard nothing about any other trips, but don't take that as being definitive. I wish he would go ahead and commit yesterday, but I would hope the only bowl game he has on his mind right now is the JUCO championship game. I'll ask if there's a timetable, but Zach is his own person and he's going to do it on his own terms.

Bernie (Zach's dad) called me last night during third third quarter and said that Zach had just texted him. Y'all have done everything you could do, and Zach was very much enjoying the visit and the reception. Zach won't stretch this out for drama, he's not that type, it's just a big decision for him. I hope he'll make an announcement soon. I'll let his dad know it's for consumption here and ask him to let you know what he knows. I don't think he knows much right now, though.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Sounds just like the way it should be done. Thanks for the response. Keep us updated.:grin:

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Ole Miss ran the read-option the whole game because that's what Masoli is successful at and more suited for. He's less of a drop-back passer than JJ is and certainly less so than J. Lee. Jefferson ran the read option pretty well himself, but was also successful throwing out of the pocket. Overall, LSU runs much more of a pro-style offense than Old Piss does. Don't see any way Nutt can sell that his offense is more suitable for a drop-back QB than LSU's is. Just watching the game yesterday proved that, IMO.

Hope Zach can just see himself in purple & gold on Saturday Night's in Death Valley! We're all ready to see him there! Glad to hear he had a great time and got to see Tiger Stadium at it's best. Hell of a lot better than playing in Oxford, Ms. Tell him to come on down to Baton Rouge. We're waitin' for him. :thumb: :LSU231:

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

LSU runs a hybrid offense, where there's a little bit of everything. If he commits here and wins the starting job, I'm sure the offense could/would be tweaked to suit his strengths. Well, maybe...

5. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

I just talked to Zach's dad. He said:

1. Zach had a really good time in Baton Rouge. He especially liked the students and the food.

2. He's going to zero in for the time being on finishing up classwork and getting ready for the JUCO championship game. He's going to be weighing his options carefully over the next couple of weeks and he'll make his decision known after the Butler game.

I've got my fingers crossed and pulling for y'all. I personally can't see a better opportunity for him. The NC game will be on Dec. 5. Google "jayhawk conference" and follow the links if you want to listen to it on radio.

1 person likes this.
  6. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Thanks so much for this information. I really hope he signs with us. I have heard that in addition to Ole Miss going hard for him (based on info you posted earlier) that Arky has entered the picture as well. Based on what I know about those two programs' recruiting (not a lot, mainly just what I read here) and who's in their respective pipelines at QB, I don't see where either would trump what LSU can offer.

I hope we know sooner rather than later...

:geauxtige

7. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

Thanks again for all of the great inside info. I am so glad they had a great time in B. R. with the awesome food, football, and some of the greatest fans in the world.

Also please remind Zach's dad about a quote from our head coach in Saturdays Baton Rouge paper:

"Asked earlier this week about his quarterback situation for 2011, Les Miles expressed something a lot of LSU football fans are probably feeling.

“I think everybody knows we need a quarterback,” Miles said.

8. kirbysmith4life

kirbysmith4life Founding Member

Please let Zach's Dad know that Miles and GC will adapt their system to the QB.
    Lets not forget that our last true pocket passer was the #1 pick in the NFL Draft.

Now I can't speak for the work ethic of a former SEC standout, turned lazy-syrup-sippin millionaire...

But the proof is in the pudding.

If :)wave: WHEN?) Zach signs with the Tigers, the offense will be adjusted to fit his strengths.

And we have more WR's than we can count. So....Zach.....
    Here's to hoping you become a Tiger...

We win Titles here in Baton Rouge.. In almost every sport.
    And with a QB like Zach..
    WR's like Randle, Tolliver and Shepard, the future would be very promising.
    :tigereye:

P.S.
    No matter what he decides, it's pretty cool of you to offer us some inside info on the situation, because trust me, millions of Tiger fans want this guy.

His footage speaks for itself.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The transition to more of a pro-style offense has already started and Zach is the missing piece. I know the staff made sure he knows this.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Also, let Zach know that if he doesn't perform magnificently every time out, some fans will turn on him. But they are mostly idiots anyway.

1 person likes this.