So Much For "Gun Control"

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUTiga, Jan 25, 2013.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Nowadays it takes a double income for a family to make it. The kids end up at a daycare and spend more time with a sitter awake than they do with their own parents. I think one of the problems is the lack of quality time when the family is together. Phones and internet and video games get to much attention. Parents and kids not sitting around talking or doing stuff together. I only get my kids every other weekend, When I do have them we are either hunting, fishing, riding 4 wheelers or at games. I know a lot of people that are pretty much letting the grandparents raise the kids while they go on with the party life.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think working moms is a net negative. my mom did it, my wife does it, and they have the moral and legal right but its still a negative.

it comes from capitalism and feminism, the latter of which was created because way too many men are abusive and/or controlling aholes.

you reap what you sow.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Heh, I know of some families in which the kids and one parent are living WITH the grandparents.

Definitely a lack of quality time. The internet takes a big chunk a change. I'd gladly be doing something with my girls right now but since they got in HS they don't like to to much with dad anymore. Hopefully they'll want to fish, ride 4 wheeler, etc. again with me some day.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

In the end, your kids are what you mold/make them into. Placing blame on Grandma, TV shows, the price of gas, how many times you get laid a month all equals a big steaming pile of monkey dung. Quit relying on someone else to teach some got damn responsibility, morals, down to earth values and get some work done. Shit, they your kids.

LSUMASTERMIND, LSUTiga and gyver like this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It amazes me that my older daughter will be going to college in 6 years. I feel entirely too young to even have a middle schooler (which of course is facetious, as many of my high school classmates have already become grandparents for goodness sake), but it's sobering to think of her being more than halfway to adulthood when it feels like she was an infant two minutes ago.

My younger one, a 2nd grader currently, seems to grow even faster than my older one has.

6. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

My daughters love the outdoors. If one of your girls takes a liking to a country boy, you will be Mr popular all over again. It goes " hey Dad, can we go fishing this weekend? can TBob go with us?" . They can talk hunting and fishing with the boys. Next thing I know I have some little ratchet head tagging along with us in the woods or on the water. You can tell the boys that spend time with dad, they can shoot and cast. The metro boys end up watching the girls shoot the game or catch the fish and sitting with a tube of crickets and a cane pole. ;)

If you really wanna have fun with a daughters bf. Take him hog hunting with a 22.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. StaceyO

Drinking tonight, Shane? ;)

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

just a lil bit

9. StaceyO

Yep, I took a wild guess.

Oh, and I responded back to you for my 10,000th post. :rolleyes:

10. shane0911