So now the narrative is

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

MSNBC was better.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I sort of agree with @LaSalleAve that there is some level of prejudice inside of everyone, and that is is up to parents to neutralize that effect. For many, many years, that did not happen in this country. But of course, this also occurs in nature--have you ever watched the whole "birds of a feather" idea in nature; it is absolutely true that they only flock with birds of their own kind.

My older daughter's first friend at preschool was Muslim--a darling girl, really. Her second friend was an Israeli Jew. It was an international preschool, and I was happy that she had teachers that were white, black, Muslim, Indian. The students were the same. I didn't want her to think that it was unusual to flock with people of a different kind; it would be hard to live in Plano without being friends with diverse people.

As a teenager, most of her friends are white. But she has a Muslim friend or two, and Von Miller's niece is one of her best friends in high school. But we have discussions about race and ethnicity quite a bit. I just believe in being open.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Of course, but racism is a completely different thing.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, this is definitely true.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You people dont get it Racism is a business to keep liberals in power. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, CAIRE, Nation of Islam, LULAC and La Raza are there to keep racism alive. Travon Martin and Michael Brown need I say more?