So our beloved Dr. Huxtable is a serial rapist in real life

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, Nov 21, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

His son also came out to say "Of course Woody did not molest my sister," saying that their mother had "implanted" false memories of child abuse into Dylan as a child "to pay him back for falling in love with Soon-Yi." Understand, I'm not trying to suggest that reporting rape is easy, just that it is important and absolutely necessary to convict a rapist. People are going to think what they think. Some think that Mia Farrow is a whackadoo while others think Woody Allen is a slimeball.

But she did the right thing and pressed the matter before the statute of limitations ended. Her credibility is established and she may be able to pursue a civil suit. Victims do win many of these suits and criminal action sometimes result. But they can't if they don't act.

Some choose not to report when they are facing no money, power, or fame at all. Of course it is different from burglary, of course it is sensitive and embarrassing, but it's the law. Understand all of what you are saying, but we can't just overlook the law and vilify someone without a trial. What changes to the law do you want to see?

People have been prosecuted for sexual coercion. And sometimes it is found to be consensual sex between two legal adults. That's why it needs to be reported, investigated, and go to trial if warranted.

Who knows? Maybe he is guilty and wanted to make amends. Maybe he is guilty and wanted to shut her up. Maybe he is innocent and it was cheaper and less public to settle than fight it in court. Maybe he is innocent it was better for his own privacy to let it drop rather than sue for slander. It's not like he needs any money. We just don't know.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

3. islstl

Seems like Red has a pretty good grasp of what a woman deals with when being raped.

4. islstl

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

and the irony that he was bill cosby 'himself' and never cursed in his act. he was the clean, family guy and richard prior was the foul-mouthed junkie.

id take the upfront guy any day over the lying fraud.

uscvball likes this.
  6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Pryor

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i should blame auto correct.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Check him for priors and book him

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

As I mentioned, she did file a civil suit but Cosby settled.

There is the court of law and the court of public opinion. Clearly we are watching the latter play out. Sucks for Cosby but the ladies involved already had their share of "suckage".

Seriously....lots of folks, pretty much all famous ones who are accused, get vilified this way. Look at OJ. Nobody cared then because he wasn't the "nice guy" that Cosby appeared to be. Clinton was still everyone's hero and Monica the slut before he finally admitted to a blow job.
    Not sure I want to see any. I wasn't even contemplating that aspect here, just sharing my point of view regarding this situation.

The law is not equitable when you are talking about money, fame, and power.

You are correct. We don't know. However, most of us are applying our concepts of common sense and coming to different conclusions. I came to mine. I'm good with it.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member