So Russia is taking over the Ukraine

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Mar 1, 2014.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

While my numbers are more than likely off... he made upwards of 1M off his first book, upwards of 1M on his second and around 100K on his 3rd... and is reportedly worth 6M-10M as of 2012. He didn't make his bulk of his wealth of his books.

Of course I really don't give a shit... Bush lined his pockets, Clinton before him, and his daddy before that, etc, etc. I'm just sick of worn out tired politicians continuing to rack up wealth, all the while screwing shit up so the average american can't make ends meet.

gyver likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

All I can tell you for sure, is that if I was being tortured I'd tell them whatever they wanted to hear, true or not.

GregLSU likes this.
  3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Your right. That's why it's hard to believe those millionaires want to raise their own taxes and demonize themselves. But they don't contribute as much to charity as your average republican.
    The welfare loving democrats are the ones that prefer the nanny state. They get their monthly checks and buy the 60" tvs and iPads then complain about the people earning a check having more than them.
    And for the record, I consider farm subsidies and bailouts to corporations welfare also.
    If you live in a mini mansion and vacation in the Caribbean you don't need taxpayer dollars to help you earn a living. Same goes for politicians jetting around the world for" conventions" on tax dollars.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  4. gyver

Barry and mooch have spent over a billion dollars of the taxpayers money on vacations. Then barry put out a budget to cut military budget by $600,000,000.
    Those military families are living on food stamps and him and Michele are jetting all over the world at an average of $200 million plus a year.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Just curious, you think these charity donating repubs would do it if they couldn't write it off?

6. gyver

Democrats can right them off also. But I don't see them donating anyway. They think it's the govt's responsibility.
    Vote farming is a profitable business to a politician.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

None of what you posted would have made a difference in where we are now. Again, Putin doesn't give a shit. There is no defense to that kind of psychotic behavior. That is just incredibly naive thinking. If Putin has no fear for diplomatic reprisal, then there isn't anything you can do except slowly squeeze him until he either comes to his senses of his country kicks his ass out.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Actually he did make it on book sales and his investments on those profits and it has been documented.

http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-tax-return-income-assets-2012-9?op=1

Edwin Edwards is the classic example of wealth by selling influence. he was so open about it that it was certain hed

9. red55

It's even harder to believe why middle class people support the Republicans, whose economic policies don;t help them at all. they just help the super-rich and the corporations. You have been hoodwinked into thinking that you are somehow on the side of the super rich versus the deadbeat poor, when in fact the middle class has much more in common with the working poor.

10. red55

No, the office of the President spends that money like they have on all Presidents. Presidents can't travel first class, they have to travel in Air Force One and Marine helicopters for security reasons. Even Camp David costs money to maintain. They have to be accompanied by Secret Service agents, military officers, and others that keep him in touch with the nation. All that costs money. Obama is no different than any other President in how this money gets spent. Do you think we are stupid?

Congress makes the budget and everyone agrees that the defense budget is bloated. Those cuts aren't com in from enlisted men's salaries, they are coming from unneeded programs, obsolete weapons systems, and surplus bases.

Winston1 likes this.