So somebody explain to me why Tre Mason won't push Jameis Winston for the Heisman?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

In my opinion stats, and team MVP should be considered when chosing a heisman. Does a player have extraordinary stats for their position compared to the others in the NCAA? And would they be considered a most valuable player on their team? I think they should probably change the selection time frame up a little bit to give judges more time, and I believe candidates should have a clean record, no record of drug or PEDs and a decent GPA to be considered as well.

Winston is out of consideration in my opinion. I realize that anyone can accuse him of doing something, and that he is innocent until proven guilty, but unfortunately he could bring a negative light as a representative of the heisman.

2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

You realize no charges are being filed right? So he's not innocent until proven guilty...he's just flatout innocent...

StaceyO likes this.
  3. BP

BP Founding Member

No it means there's not enough evidence to charge him. He might still be guilty... might stil be innocent.. we'll probably never know... he is not "innocent," just "not guilty."

4. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

In this country you are innocent until proven guilty. False allegations are made all of the time.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

He had sex with a drunk college girl. Doesn't that sort of thing happen all the time?

6. BP

BP Founding Member

Actually, if she was drunk and not able to give consent, it could be rape. My point is that the state did not believe it had enough evidence to charge him. He might be innocent, he might not. Two different things.

7. StaceyO

In another thread, I voiced my displeasure, as a female, that girls/women get drunk, have sex, then call rape. The female MUST bear some responsibility.

8. BP

BP Founding Member

Stacey, I understand what you are saying, and I agree with you to a point. Especially if the guy has been drinking as well... his judgement is also impaired. And, I agree that it is really dumb for a woman to get drunk, especially if she's with a crowd that she doesn't know. It's also dumb if she's walking down a dark street at two in the morning. It's really bad judgment on her part. But, that doesn't mean that she deserves to be raped, or that it's OK to do so. Even as an 18 year old with hormones in full gear, I shouldn't expect that I had a "right" to have sex with a woman without her consent any more than I had a "right" to the $20 in her purse.

I believe it important to distinguish between someone doing something dumb or imprudent and bearing responsibility for the actions of others.

9. StaceyO

There's nothing there that I disagree with. However, in my personal experience, I knew many a girl in college who got drunk, willingly had sex with a guy, then called it "rape" when he didn't call her again. I had a roommate like that. It's like entrapment.

10. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Might, smight. Your aunt might be your uncle if she had a jawnson. There's one absolute here, and that's that he won't be charged. So he's innocent.

GregLSU and Winston1 like this.