so the bruce jenner thing is no joke?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Feb 3, 2015.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's lagging by California standards. Gov Moonbeam sign AB1266 2 years ago.

"California on Monday became the first state to enshrine certain rights for transgender kindergarten-through-12th grade students in state law, requiring public schools to allow those students access to whichever restroom and locker room they want.

Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown announced that he had signedAB1266, which also will allow transgender students to choose whether they want to play boys' or girls' sports. The new law gives students the right "to participate in sex-segregated programs, activities and facilities" based on their self-perception and regardless of their birth gender."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/califor...ck-bathrooms-sports-teams-they-identify-with/
    So to hell with school kids who don't want to share a bathroom or locker room with someone of the opposite sex....have to accommodate the few trannies so they don't sue.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Changing attitudes about privacy are enabling this but may also help accommodate it. Men in my generation grew up in gyms, camps, dormitories, and barracks with communal showers, communal urinals, and a row of toilets lined up right behind a row of sinks in the latrine. No big deal. But for quite some time now men's facilities have been transitioning to private toilet stalls, private urinal stalls, and private shower stalls. Womens facilities have operated this way for a long time.

The medical clinic I attend no longer has a mens room and womens room in the main lobby at all. They have about a dozen individual unisex/handicapped toilets spread out in every hallway and nobody shares a restroom with anybody at all.

It's not just the schools and government buildings. I recently attended an event at a boy scout camp in Mississippi that had a bunch of brand new buildings. One of them was a central shower/restroom facility with two dozen individual toilet stalls and shower stalls, each with individual outside doors and a keycode lock. Quite a transition from the two-holer pit latrines and cold-water shower shacks of my youth. Women leaders have been a part of scouting for 30 years now, gay scouts are now allowed, it is just a matter of time before gay leaders are accepted. 90% of the worlds scouting programs are co-ed and in time American scouts will allow girls along with transgenders, too. Some smart camps are getting ready for it.

The times, they are a changin'.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

A lot of clubs in Dallas have unisex bathrooms. Big deal. Are they afraid of being raped by a transgender or just afraid the transgender may catch them in the middle of a monster shit?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wouldn't worry about it. If the tranny used to be a man it has no dick. If it used to be a woman it wouldn't have a functional dick.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The locker room at my gym does not have private shower stalls and women walk around comfortably either nekkid or with a towel. That could change if/when a man walks in, whether he claims to be a woman "on the inside". The outside plumbing makes it different. And then consider Caitlyn....says she is still attracted to women. Sorry, I don't really want to share the locker room, then. I realize lesbians are in the locker room as well but they don't wear a sign.

Out here we have "family" bathrooms and some unisex but I still prefer the Ladies. The issue with all this "privacy" is the cost of retro-fitting. Schools are already built and short on real estate. Just who is going to pay for it? I know.....the taxpayer....me!
    I'm afraid of neither but why should I be forced to share a bathroom with a physically appearing male? If they have both, I don't care but if it's unisex only, that's bullshit.
    That made me laugh but plenty of male folks who "identify" as a female still have their dick. I don't want to share a bathroom, thanks.

6. LaSalleAve

I don't want to share a bathroom or oxygen with anyone for that matter but it's not my world I just live here.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is all getting creepy. I'm going to go piss in the yard with tiga.

mobius481, GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

A little different for a man/group of men sharing a bathroom with a female who wants an addadicktome than for a woman/group of women sharing a bathroom with a man who already has a dick.
    Good decision.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its creepy for men too. Maybe you could make a lot of money marketing the Adda Dickto Me. :eek:

10. LaSalleAve

Sword fight!!!! Don't cross streams.