so the bruce jenner thing is no joke?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This has got to be the creepiest thread of the year. Who started this thread anyway? Oh, it was tirk

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No thanks. At some point it becomes too much. If Jenner can make being a transgender person more palatable for the masses then great, but i also think that could be a double edged sword and people will sick of it. Hell thats probably already happening.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm not if he has or not. He's gotten the attention, good and bad but I am unconvinced that people who were unwelcome to the concept before Caitlyn have changed their minds simply because he's on the cover of Vanity Fair.

Either sick of it or seeing through the media hoopla it's become. It doesn't feel genuine and with another lawsuit having been filed regarding the car accident, it's as if Bruce killed a person through negligence and doesn't give a shit.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Genuine only in the case of wanting, needing more press. If he wants to turn himself into a freaking octopus I really don't care, nor do I want it plastered all over the news media. Just like Michael Sam, if he had just kept his mouth and a few other orifices shut he might be playing football in the NFL.

If he is guilty he should be held accountable. What prison will they toss shim in now? Creates quite the "pickle" doesn't it?

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm sure that OSHA will make a ruling than transgender crooks will be allowed to choose the prison where they will feel "most comfortable."

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hell, Bruce killed Bruce in that accident too.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And just like that, private isn't good enough.

"A transgender teenager said in a lawsuit Thursday that he has been stigmatized by a policy that bars him from using the boys' restrooms at his eastern Virginia high school.

The American Civil Liberties Union is representing Gavin Grimm in the lawsuit against the Gloucester County School Board. The complaint says Grimm, 16, used the communal restrooms without incident until the board, responding to complaints from local residents, adopted a policy in December requiring transgender students to use a private facility."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-06-11-12-42-43

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You would think having your own private bathroom would be a perq, BUT NO!

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, think about it. These people want to live as the other gender. Being denied access to public restrooms singles them out as "no gender". I'm sure it inconveniences them, too. Do they have a private facility for him/her everywhere on campus? What if he/she is in the football stadium or the baseball field or the theatre, or the gym, or the band room where public restrooms are available for everybody but him/her? Are there public facilities on each floor for him or does he have to use a single facility on the 3rd floor. He can make a discrimination case and win it. Schools will have to do something else to comply. They either have to be allowed to use communal facilities or everyone will have to use private ones, like some medical clinics and youth camps have begun doing.